Notices

Helper Springs

Old 12-17-2009, 02:16 PM   #1
Jamie R. Cherry is on a distinguished road
Army: Reservist in the Army 1988
Name: Jamie
Jamie R. Cherry's Tacoma Gallery
Helper Springs

Just wondering what everyone thinks about helper springs? I'm thinking about purchasing some off ebay. Trying to remedy my leaf spring problem with out spending $1200.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:27 PM   #3
Asgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Asgard's Tacoma Gallery
Why not use Timbrens ?
Old 12-17-2009, 08:43 PM   #4
GT150 has a spectacular aura aboutGT150 has a spectacular aura aboutGT150 has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Mike
GT150's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting, never heard of timbrens, kit for tacoma is 194.00...........

Mike
Old 12-17-2009, 08:58 PM   #5
Asgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Asgard's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a Timbren thread : http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=258979
Old 12-17-2009, 09:29 PM   #6
Western Alliance: Yeehaw Division
Clelsdah is on a distinguished road

Clelsdah's Tacoma Gallery
Here is another option.
http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...scon/2407.html

I am happy with the set I installed on my Taco. They allow me to tailor the support to the load whether it is in the bed or on a trailer.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:01 AM   #7
To Lift Or Not To Lift?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Assuming that means your truck is out of warranty?? And you don't want to lift??
I'm looking at all options. Thanx
Old 12-18-2009, 08:05 AM   #8
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
try the airlift. adjustable to your load
Old 12-18-2009, 08:58 AM   #9
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Check out Helwig. They make a leaf spring helper kit that mounts to your existing leaf pack. I had a set on my Titan and was very pleased with it.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:01 AM   #10
Have you had any experience with the timbrens?

Thanx for the heads up.
\
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
Check out Helwig. They make a leaf spring helper kit that mounts to your existing leaf pack. I had a set on my Titan and was very pleased with it.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:42 PM   #11
What would Scooby do?
travelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
travelingman's Tacoma Gallery
I just picked up a set at Autozone for 40.00. I'm putting them on in the next week or so.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:20 AM   #12
Crooked Beat is on a distinguished road
Crooked Beat's Tacoma Gallery
Timbrens!!

Simple to install- less than 10 minutes.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:56 AM   #13
GT150 has a spectacular aura aboutGT150 has a spectacular aura aboutGT150 has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Mike
GT150's Tacoma Gallery
For those with the Timbrens, please give us some feedback on how you like them.

mike