Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Westin Platinum Oval Step Boards Mounting Question

Old 12-17-2009, 05:44 PM   #1
Addicted to my DSLR
madisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Patrol Officer
madisonsfinest's Tacoma Gallery
Westin Platinum Oval Step Boards Mounting Question

I have a 2010 DC that I just mounted the above mentioned step tubes. When mounting them I noticed that they barely clear the front flaps. It's a squeeze to get my hand between them, and a little bit tighter on one side. Anyone have this issue? Should they sit a little further back to avoid any rubbing? T

Thanks
Old 12-17-2009, 05:46 PM   #2
gilliamjc is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
gilliamjc's Tacoma Gallery
mine actually sit flush up against the mud flaps too, doesn't really cause a problem though.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:42 PM   #3
waldo is on a distinguished road

Name: Cody
waldo's Tacoma Gallery
Lets see some pictures of your bars
Old 01-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #4
Done, Retired from here :)
Veinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Corpsman
Name: Roy
Veinguy's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same bars, I removed the flaps and it looks fine. Even if you don't, it poses no problems.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:20 PM   #5
Addicted to my DSLR
madisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'll have to clean the truck first! It's covered in salt!
Old 01-11-2010, 09:22 PM   #6
Addicted to my DSLR

Might not be the best angle
Attached Thumbnails
Westin Platinum Oval Step Boards Mounting Question-img_2651.jpg   Westin Platinum Oval Step Boards Mounting Question-img_2654.jpg   Westin Platinum Oval Step Boards Mounting Question-img_2655.jpg  
Old 01-12-2010, 03:29 PM   #7
Done, Retired from here :)
Veinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Corpsman
Name: Roy
Veinguy's Tacoma Gallery

Mine looked just like yours, the step and flap touched. It didn't hurt anything although I did remove the flaps and I like the look. Your Truck looks great!
Old 01-13-2010, 12:18 AM   #8

waldo's Tacoma Gallery
Man do I like those bars! I'm going to get those same ones. I hope they act as a mud flap and reflect rocks. I removed my front mud flaps as well but only because my bigger tires didn't like them very much
Old 01-13-2010, 06:39 AM   #9
SuperWhiteDC09 is on a distinguished road
SuperWhiteDC09's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SuperWhiteDC09
I have the same steps on my 09 DC but mine are the all black model. Mine also rub on the mudflaps but I have found this not to be a problem either.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:53 PM   #10

waldo's Tacoma Gallery
yea bro
Old 01-15-2010, 08:18 AM   #12
Frogdaddy is on a distinguished road

Frogdaddy's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting, found some info. that might explain why it's so tight. This is from truckcustomizers.com that describes ovals for tacoma:

60 degree mandrel-bend front, 90 degree rear. Will not fit w/factory mud flaps
Old 01-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #14
Addicted to my DSLR

AutoAnything a site sponsor, and they have a coupon code above....I think it was about $360 shipped or something like that
Old 01-15-2010, 10:46 AM   #15
glk21c is on a distinguished road

glk21c's Tacoma Gallery
sitting right behind the front flaps is not a bad thing. It will prevent them from bending back all the way while driving down the road!
Old 01-30-2010, 12:21 PM   #16

waldo's Tacoma Gallery
How long are your bars?
Old 01-31-2010, 09:18 AM   #17
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by madisonsfinest View Post
AutoAnything a site sponsor, and they have a coupon code above....I think it was about $360 shipped or something like that
For about $100 less, you can get Aires bars at realtrucks.com.

I just put a set of 4" black ovals on my DC. I picked them up on sale right after Christmas for $226.00 with free shipping.