Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Leer XQ Cap Gaps

Old 12-18-2009, 09:26 AM   #1
5280EM! is on a distinguished road
5280EM!'s Tacoma Gallery
Leer XQ Cap Gaps

I just bought a new Leer XQ cap and was wondering if anyone else is having this issue. I thought the the cap would fit more snug along the sides of the cap with the truck bed. But for some reason I have about a 1/2" gap on one side. Is this normal or not.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:18 AM   #2
rickabev is on a distinguished road
rickabev's Tacoma Gallery
I have an xq also and the only gap I notice is up in the front of the bed toward the cab. There's an opening there in the bed, appx 1/2" or so. Also I notice some gaps right near where the tailgate meets the side of the bed and where the cap window closes.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:43 PM   #3
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
most caps ive seen dont fit like a glove,if that helps.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:32 AM   #4
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280EM! View Post
I just bought a new Leer XQ cap and was wondering if anyone else is having this issue. I thought the the cap would fit more snug along the sides of the cap with the truck bed. But for some reason I have about a 1/2" gap on one side. Is this normal or not.
Mine is about the same.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:53 AM   #5
kmartshopper is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
kmartshopper's Tacoma Gallery
My XQ was installed poorly, they left it hang off the back of the truck like 3/4" and it was not completly centered side to side with the bed rails. I think this was because they were to lazy to properly adjust the rear windows to seal with the taigate.
I loosened the 4 mounting bolts and adjusted it and the back window and it is much better now. If I was to do it again I would of bought the next model down with the conventional hinges for the back window instead of the XQ's hidden hinges.