Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Homelink Install Help

Old 03-08-2008, 10:49 AM   #1
trd larry
TRD Larry is a glorious beacon of lightTRD Larry is a glorious beacon of lightTRD Larry is a glorious beacon of lightTRD Larry is a glorious beacon of lightTRD Larry is a glorious beacon of light
Army: E4
Name: Larry
TRD Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Homelink Install Help

Need help with the wiring. I wired the red and yellow wire from the mirror to the dark green wire in the big plug from the overhead console. I wired the black (ground) from the mirrow to the white/black wire on the big plug in the overhead console. The mirror does not work and my interror dome and console lights do not work. The compass and temp displays works OK. What did I wire wrong? I put the red and yellow together so there would be no power to the mirror unless the ignition was on. Not only does my mirror not work now I have no interior lights. I checked the fuse for the dome light and it was not bad.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:13 PM   #2
hokihigh is on a distinguished road
hokihigh's Tacoma Gallery
Heres are the write ups I used to install mine. Hope this helps.

http://www.customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58304

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t88851.html

Oh, are the map lights on the same fuse??

hoki
Old 03-08-2008, 04:07 PM   #4
trd larry
TRD Larry is a glorious beacon of lightTRD Larry is a glorious beacon of lightTRD Larry is a glorious beacon of lightTRD Larry is a glorious beacon of lightTRD Larry is a glorious beacon of light
Army: E4
Name: Larry
TRD Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Got the mirror working. When I tapped into the light green wire it started to work. Still no interior lights. I will pick up a fuse tomorrow and replace the one in the truck. If that is not it then it is a trip to the dealer. Have them fix it under warrenty. When I checked for power going to the lights there was none. That is why I'm hopping it is a fuse. If that is not it I am out of ideas.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:50 PM   #6
Lifetime Member
CtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CtryBoyInMT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD Larry View Post
Not much use for all the old high profile fuses I have.
The high profile fuses will fit, they just look a little bit out of place. I blew my interior fuse under the hood when I was completing the map light mod. I had a 7.5a fuse in the extra fuse holder, but since I was still "Experimenting", I used a regular mini fuse in the interim. In fact it's still in there to this day. Every place I actually found the Lo Pro mini's were too expensive for my blood.
So I wouldn't just throw away the regular mini's just yet!