Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Cab Mount Chop

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-18-2009, 12:02 PM   #1
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Question Cab Mount Chop

So how many of you guys have done this MOD? And are you happy with the results?
Old 12-18-2009, 12:11 PM   #2
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
good thread.i just cant talk myself in to doing it for 1 tire size
Old 12-18-2009, 12:14 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pataco View Post
good thread.i just cant talk myself in to doing it for 1 tire size
I hear ya but my truck would look better with 285/75/16s rather than the 265s i'm running now...the tires look kinda dinky with the lift and all
Old 12-18-2009, 12:14 PM   #4
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
make it a poll. I'm interested too.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:15 PM   #5
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
+1

I thought long and hard on doing this. I did it. Love it. No Rub! Its not bad at all as long as its done right.

Any experience welder who knows what they're doing. can do this to how you want and its an easy job for them.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:15 PM   #6
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Done it. Love it.

Needed it, actually.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:22 PM   #7
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottcrumley24 View Post
I hear ya but my truck would look better with 285/75/16s rather than the 265s i'm running now...the tires look kinda dinky with the lift and all
i no what your saying.its just hard to spend more money to cut your truck up, to spend more on fuel when going to the 285s.just seems like a loose loose thing ya no.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:25 PM   #8
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
L@@king Good is NEVER an "L"

Naw, I hear what you're saying..Took me a bit to think it over and make that plunge. I don't regret it one bit...
Old 12-18-2009, 12:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrayzian View Post
L@@king Good is NEVER an "L"

Naw, I hear what you're saying..Took me a bit to think it over and make that plunge. I don't regret it one bit...
your runnin 285s right?
Old 12-18-2009, 12:30 PM   #10

I mean i called and spoke to Rick over at Bovads Offroad and he said it'd be $175...which isn't bad at all!
Old 12-18-2009, 12:33 PM   #11

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
^ Great Price. I'm running 285's
Old 12-18-2009, 12:35 PM   #12
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
plenty of members here have done it.
havent read about any problems.
hell...i think a couple members hacked them,never plated them, and still wheel hard
Old 12-18-2009, 12:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnysrt2004 View Post
plenty of members here have done it.
havent read about any problems.
hell...i think a couple members hacked them,never plated them, and still wheel hard
I've seen that
Old 12-18-2009, 12:40 PM   #14
Yotas For Life!
06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
06RedComa's Tacoma Gallery
So if i were to chop my mounts, would i be able to run a 285/75/16 tire with a 2.5" lift, w/o after market UCAs and have no rubbing at all?
Old 12-18-2009, 12:49 PM   #15
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06RedComa View Post
So if i were to chop my mounts, would i be able to run a 285/75/16 tire with a 2.5" lift, w/o after market UCAs and have no rubbing at all?
not on stock wheels.have to get spacers or new wheels with different off set to not rub ucas.2.5" might b pushing it.not sure on that.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:53 PM   #16
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgrnr View Post
I'm running the spidertrax spacers and tc uca's but a set of addicts will be here after christmas.

Edit; Sorry Thaught it was directed to me. My bad
addicts???whats that?
Old 12-18-2009, 12:58 PM   #17
ruppmeister has much to be proud ofruppmeister has much to be proud ofruppmeister has much to be proud ofruppmeister has much to be proud ofruppmeister has much to be proud ofruppmeister has much to be proud ofruppmeister has much to be proud ofruppmeister has much to be proud ofruppmeister has much to be proud of

Army:
ruppmeister's Tacoma Gallery
I have had it done due to tire rub on the trails. Most of the rubbing was when I was coming down the trails and hit the switchbacks. I have not had but two, maybe three times, that rubbing has happened sense and that's because I was being stupid and backing down the drive too fast while turning.

Tires = 285.70 r17
$ Amount = $300 with labor and materials for 4 hours work iirc

Over all, not sure that it was really needed, but it puts my mind at ease a little when I am OR'ing because I don't have to listen to the tires rubbing. I would do it again if provided with the choice.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:04 PM   #18
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgrnr View Post
KMC ADDicts
gotcha.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:05 PM   #19
Yotas For Life!
06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
06RedComa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataco View Post
not on stock wheels.have to get spacers or new wheels with different off set to not rub ucas.2.5" might b pushing it.not sure on that.
I have the fj trd gunmetal wheels, still in the same boat with those? im thinking im just going to stick with 265/75/16 for the time being until i can afford some UCAs
Old 12-18-2009, 05:30 PM   #20
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
w/ my 285's and 3" lift, i only rub when backing out on unlevel ground and cutting the wheel....or like going over a speed bump and cuting the wheel in drive...my trail tires are smaller, but i may upgrade to larger and do this then

Products Discussed in this Thread