Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Costco Auto Program

Old 01-25-2007, 01:38 PM   #1
jaredmmc99 is on a distinguished road
jaredmmc99's Tacoma Gallery
Costco Auto Program

Have any of you gone through the Costco Auto program? I just talked with them yesterday and Im waiting to hear back on a quote. If you did use them do you like them or do you wish you would have gone a different route? Im getting soooo close to my Tacoma and have spent so much time being patient and waiting for that right moment that I just want to do it the best way possible. Look forward to your help.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:50 PM   #2
LovinMyTaco07 is on a distinguished road
LovinMyTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
My mother-in-law purchase her Corolla through the Costco Auto program.
In my opinion it didn't give her a good deal... I was able to haggle my 07 tacoma to 500 over invoice... she was 500 below MSRP...
Now demand of the vehicle in the area will effect the deal you can get.
Check out this thread on suggestions with new Purchases...

Hope this helps!
Old 01-28-2007, 09:25 AM   #3
2-Broke 2-Care
flavalk is on a distinguished road

flavalk's Tacoma Gallery
Try carsdirect.com

I used them when looking for a Highlander for my wife. They found an '06 Highlander Sport....totally loaded with leather, v-6.....it even came with the DVD package and rear backup camera, for $26,600 http://www.carsdirect.com/home
Old 01-28-2007, 05:11 PM   #4
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my last 2 Toyotas through Costco. Each dealer negotiates a price for each different model with Costco so if you don't like their price check another Costco dealer.
My 04 Rav was $100 over invoice and my 07 Tacoma was $400 at the same dealer. I imagine if it had been an X-runner then the margin would have been higher.
I also purchased an ARE shell for the Tacoma through Costco and received a $50 discount from the dealer and a $75 mail in rebate which just got here yesterday.
If you like haggling with salesmen and aren't in a hurry or emotionally attached to your chices of colors or packages you can probably get a better deal.In 36 years of buying new cars I have used the fleet manager to avoid the hassles of dealerships and now Costco has made this easier with just a mouseclick I have bought the last two within hours of submitting my request.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:55 PM   #5
josh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Federal Law Enforcement
Name: Josh
josh0351's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, got my rig almost $3K under MSRP (a few hundy under invoice) and had a really good experience! I spec'd my truck down to the color, so I had to wait the 6 to 8 weeks build time but it was well worth it.

I had visited a bunch of stealerships here in Northern VA / Southern MD for the exact rig I wanted (TRD OR DC MGM manual trans) with no luck, and no one wanting to even work with me. Costco put me in touch with Miller Toyota in Manassa VA who totally did me right, and sold me the truck for exactly what the Costco site quoted.

Bottom line, I feel like I got a really good deal and have no regrets. If nothing else go to the site and spec out a vehicle - it'll cost you nothing even if you don't have a Costco membership. (I pimp the Costco Vehicle Program on here all the time.)

Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 11-06-2014, 06:59 PM   #6
Thegenerik1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThegenerik1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThegenerik1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThegenerik1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThegenerik1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThegenerik1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThegenerik1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThegenerik1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThegenerik1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThegenerik1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThegenerik1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Erik
Thegenerik1's Tacoma Gallery
I priced out a few local dealers with the Costco Auto program and they were ok. I then tried my credit unions vehicle purchasing agent and it was a much better deal.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:31 PM   #7
Mmmmm... Beer
14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MACS(SW) ret
Name: Shawn
14TACO4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flavalk View Post
I used them when looking for a Highlander for my wife. They found an '06 Highlander Sport....totally loaded with leather, v-6.....it even came with the DVD package and rear backup camera, for $26,600 http://www.carsdirect.com/home
I use them to price out vehicles with the options I want and also use cars.com and truecar.com. Just to get a gauge on things.

Then you figure out what you're willing to pay and go shopping.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:08 PM   #8
DocD will become famous soon enough

DocD's Tacoma Gallery
Not that it isn't interesting, (it is a good topic) but this thread is 7 years old, Costco's policy's may have changed some. jmop
Old 11-06-2014, 10:09 PM   #9
ChesterTaco is on a distinguished road
ChesterTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I bought mine with the Costco program. It was $300 over invoice and they got the exact vehicle I was looking for.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:20 PM   #10
DRP6833 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dave
DRP6833's Tacoma Gallery
I looked into Costco's program in February. After driving 50 miles to the closest "authorized dealer," their offer was 5% off MSPR, take it or leave it. I did better on my own.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:39 PM   #11
doughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
doughboy's Tacoma Gallery
I got my tacoma using costco auto program. back then I got a $50 card towards purchase at the toyota dealer. I used it to buy a case of oil filter. if you are not good at negotiating, this is a good program to use. just say no to up sells. fwiw, in my local area, all toyota dealers are take it or leave it when it comes to tacoma, so you have little to no room to negotiate, they don't need to sell to anyone who is not willing to pay their asking price.