1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Costco Auto Program

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jaredmmc99, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Jan 25, 2007 at 12:38 PM
    jaredmmc99

jaredmmc99 [OP] Rule 76. No excuses, play like a champ.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD off road Black
    Have any of you gone through the Costco Auto program? I just talked with them yesterday and Im waiting to hear back on a quote. If you did use them do you like them or do you wish you would have gone a different route? Im getting soooo close to my Tacoma and have spent so much time being patient and waiting for that right moment that I just want to do it the best way possible. Look forward to your help.

2. Jan 25, 2007 at 12:50 PM
    LovinMyTaco07

LovinMyTaco07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    My mother-in-law purchase her Corolla through the Costco Auto program.
    In my opinion it didn't give her a good deal... I was able to haggle my 07 tacoma to 500 over invoice... she was 500 below MSRP...
    Now demand of the vehicle in the area will effect the deal you can get.
    Check out this thread on suggestions with new Purchases...

Hope this helps!

3. Jan 28, 2007 at 8:25 AM
    flavalk

flavalk 2-Broke 2-Care

Member:
    Orlando, Florida via Huntsville, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    '07 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab 2WD - Short Bed - Automatic- Silver Mica
    Not much. Toyota bed mat, Toyota step bars, tinted windows, Toyota seat covers, Toyota all-weather mats, quart of Wild Turkey in the glove box, KelTec PT3AT in the center console, backseat full of old speeding tickets
    I used them when looking for a Highlander for my wife. They found an '06 Highlander Sport....totally loaded with leather, v-6.....it even came with the DVD package and rear backup camera, for $26,600 http://www.carsdirect.com/home

4. Jan 28, 2007 at 4:11 PM
    spp

spp OC, Kalifornia

Member:
    OC California
    I bought my last 2 Toyotas through Costco. Each dealer negotiates a price for each different model with Costco so if you don't like their price check another Costco dealer.
    My 04 Rav was $100 over invoice and my 07 Tacoma was $400 at the same dealer. I imagine if it had been an X-runner then the margin would have been higher.
    I also purchased an ARE shell for the Tacoma through Costco and received a $50 discount from the dealer and a $75 mail in rebate which just got here yesterday.
    If you like haggling with salesmen and aren't in a hurry or emotionally attached to your chices of colors or packages you can probably get a better deal.In 36 years of buying new cars I have used the fleet manager to avoid the hassles of dealerships and now Costco has made this easier with just a mouseclick I have bought the last two within hours of submitting my request.

5. Nov 6, 2014 at 5:55 PM
    josh0351

josh0351 Californication

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    VA
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged '13 TRD OR | '96 4X4 Reg Cab (RIP)
    Some stuff...
    Yep, got my rig almost $3K under MSRP (a few hundy under invoice) and had a really good experience! :taco: I spec'd my truck down to the color, so I had to wait the 6 to 8 weeks build time but it was well worth it.

I had visited a bunch of stealerships here in Northern VA / Southern MD for the exact rig I wanted (TRD OR DC MGM manual trans) with no luck, and no one wanting to even work with me. :mad: Costco put me in touch with Miller Toyota in Manassa VA who totally did me right, and sold me the truck for exactly what the Costco site quoted.

Bottom line, I feel like I got a really good deal and have no regrets. If nothing else go to the site and spec out a vehicle - it'll cost you nothing even if you don't have a Costco membership. (I pimp the Costco Vehicle Program on here all the time.:D)

Good luck and keep us posted! :)

6. Nov 6, 2014 at 5:59 PM
    Thegenerik1

Thegenerik1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    18 DCLB OR
    I priced out a few local dealers with the Costco Auto program and they were ok. I then tried my credit unions vehicle purchasing agent and it was a much better deal.

7. Nov 6, 2014 at 6:31 PM
    14TACO4X4

14TACO4X4 Mmmmm... Beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Temecula
    Vehicle:
    18 RAM EcoDiesel
    Laramie
    I use them to price out vehicles with the options I want and also use cars.com and truecar.com. Just to get a gauge on things.

Then you figure out what you're willing to pay and go shopping.

8. Nov 6, 2014 at 9:08 PM
    DocD

DocD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mn./SoCal
    Vehicle:
    09 access cab
    Not that it isn't interesting, (it is a good topic) but this thread is 7 years old, Costco's policy's may have changed some. jmop

9. Nov 6, 2014 at 9:09 PM
    ChesterTaco

ChesterTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chester, CA
    Vehicle:
    '15 BRM DCSB OR, 1993 Pickup
    Gentex 453 Mirror, Paid-off Mod.
    I bought mine with the Costco program. It was $300 over invoice and they got the exact vehicle I was looking for.

10. Nov 7, 2014 at 11:20 AM
    DRP6833

DRP6833 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Frederick, CO
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma I4 4WD
    I looked into Costco's program in February. After driving 50 miles to the closest "authorized dealer," their offer was 5% off MSPR, take it or leave it. I did better on my own.

11. Nov 7, 2014 at 11:39 AM
    doughboy

doughboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    norcal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD 4x4
    hid head lights, hid fog lights, always on fog lights, bed lights
    I got my tacoma using costco auto program. back then I got a $50 card towards purchase at the toyota dealer. I used it to buy a case of oil filter. if you are not good at negotiating, this is a good program to use. just say no to up sells. fwiw, in my local area, all toyota dealers are take it or leave it when it comes to tacoma, so you have little to no room to negotiate, they don't need to sell to anyone who is not willing to pay their asking price.

Products Discussed in

To Top