1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2009 Tacoma DC erratic idle

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by soilsample, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Dec 20, 2009 at 2:02 PM
    soilsample

soilsample [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Donald
    Southwest Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    '19 TRD Off Road
    Hello all,
    My new 2009 Tacoma (bought new 2 weeks ago) just started running really weird.

Yesterday I got my cruise control stalk in the mail and installed it. I unhooked the battery to install the cruise control. When I was finished, I started the truck to go and try the cruise control and noticed that it was running at a high idle (1800-1900rpm) while in neutral.

When I shift into "D" the idle drops down to about 1000. If i let off the brake, the truck takes off and goes about 10mph.

I unhooked the battery again and removed the cruise control, and nothing changed, so I put the cruise back in.

BTW, I drove around today for about 5 miles and made sure the engine was completely warm. It's only about 65 degrees here so engine was not cold.

Did my ECU go crazy????

Any advice would be great.

Thanks
    Donald

2. Dec 20, 2009 at 2:20 PM
    soilsample

soilsample [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Donald
    Southwest Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    '19 TRD Off Road
    Ok,
    I've got 1/4 tank of gas in it now. I'll fill it up and run it for a few days to see if anything changes.

Thanks

3. Dec 20, 2009 at 2:39 PM
    Old Soul

Old Soul Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    09 AC V6 SR5 2WD SWB
    not to many, love it the way it is
    I had a truck do this and it was a manual truck so there wasn't much to do to stop the engine from revving like crazy. I just drove around and it went away. never did it again

4. Dec 20, 2009 at 5:28 PM
    mgrande

mgrande iKill

Member:
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off road
    Kings, AP 3" leaf pack, timbrens front and rear, TC UCA's, pro comp 7189's, baja ATZ's, CBI sliders and rear, relentless front, dynomax catback
    this happened to me tonight. I had to undo my 4lo trac mod before I take it in to have the dealer address shifting problems after getting the tsb done. funyy thing is, after reconecting everything the tranny seems fine now.

Products Discussed in

To Top