Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

ABS brake problem??

Old 12-20-2009, 06:04 PM   #1
Reaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud of
Army: Combat Engineer's
Reaper22's Tacoma Gallery
ABS brake problem??

Don't know much about these newer anti lock brakes but noticed since we got this little snow that if I apply my brakes hard it sounds like an electric motor starting and the brakes grab and relese very hard, and also notices a rubber burning like smell when I get out of the truck, I checked all the drums and rotors and they are not hot and the brakes work fine until like I said I press hard or the truck slides in the snow.. Now the grabbing may be because of being wet but the smell I am not sure of.. Anyone else have this issue on an 06 tacoma,, BTW the brakes are in good shape and also notice this on my gravel road but no smell on gravel....
Thanks for your time..
Old 12-20-2009, 07:30 PM   #2
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
its normal
Old 12-20-2009, 07:32 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I know this is off topic but I love your truck bro!!! Its the sickest Reg. Cab i've seen on here
Old 12-20-2009, 07:32 PM   #4
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
The grabbing/motor sound is normal... burning rubber? While skidding on snow? WTF? I guess if you're hitting patches of asphalt/concrete between snow/ice while the tires are alternating between locked and rolling.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:40 PM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Its normal when your ice-stopping truck sounds like a raped llama...
x2
Old 12-20-2009, 07:43 PM   #6
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Its normal when your ice-stopping truck sounds like a raped llama...

Old 12-21-2009, 03:26 PM   #7
Reaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud of
Thanks guy's for the update, as far as the rubber smell I am not sure, I'll have to get under it..
Again thanks, thats a releif that it is normal
Raped llama lofl
Old 12-21-2009, 03:29 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottcrumley24 View Post
I know this is off topic but I love your truck bro!!! Its the sickest Reg. Cab i've seen on here
Thanks man, I really like the looks of reg cabs when there lifted..