1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alarm or NOT to Alarm

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by rmd0311, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Dec 21, 2009 at 8:04 AM
    rmd0311

rmd0311 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dutchess County, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 Mag Gray TRD Sport
    To alarm or not to alarm... That is the question. When I got my 08 I put an alarm solely for the remote start right away.

Now, with the '10 I have not felt the need until the cold started. It's a little ruff though to justify the expense of 500 just for the remote starter though. I know I can get a remote starter only but I rather have both if I am making the expense. At times when I go to the city its a nice touch to have the alarm. Not that it will protect me from anything, but at least the noise would warn me, and hopefully although unlikely deter.

So why even the thought... I got a $200 AMEX gift card the other day and what better thing to do than add another toy to the truck. So it would only be $300 for the Alarm. Either a Clifford or Viper with the two-way LCD, tilt sensor for the tailgate and so forth.

I can't make up my mind, so here's the best thing to do. Let TW decide for me.

So why the remote starter. I park outside, it would be nice to start the truck without going outside. I also commute via commuter rail and the parking lot is massive. From the time I get off the train to the time I get to the car, its 3-4 minutes. Time the truck can spend warming itself up, so the heater is at least blowing hot air by the time I get there.

So Alarm/Remote Starter or no Alarm/Remote Starter...

Here is the alarm/remote start I was thinking about:
    http://www.clifford.com/Products/Product.aspx?ProductID=721
    which is the equivalent of this:
    http://www.viper.com/P-5702V/Viper-...de-Sst-2-way-Security-And-Remote-Start-System

2. Dec 21, 2009 at 8:07 AM
    Death_Stalker

Death_Stalker " The Master Ninja"

Member:
    First Name:
    Talha
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 4Runner LE
    TRD Pro Wheels BFG AT Tires
    you can never say No to the Alarm especially when its 2 wat Remote start ... i say Go for it ...

Products Discussed in

To Top