Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Pickuptruck.com road tests a Supercharged.... DC long bed?

Old 03-10-2008, 08:58 AM   #1
Demoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud of

Demoncleaner's Tacoma Gallery
Pickuptruck.com road tests a Supercharged.... DC long bed?

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/2008...est/page1.html
Old 03-10-2008, 09:33 AM   #3
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Nice write up I drove a DC long bed before I bought my truck and it was too big of truck for my taste.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:36 AM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Why is "bigger better?" I understand that the Tundra has additional features, but it seems like he is focusing on the large aspect of it.

He wants an A-Bat, but he tested out the double cab long bed. Those have very little in common.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:42 AM   #5
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
That writer is an idiot. Who pays $36K for a Tacoma (besides Canadians)? Not to mention that most (meaning the huge majority) of buyers don't buy the s/c. Comparing the DC LB V6 Tacoma to an A-bat is not a fair comparison, anyway. He should be comparing a base model 4X2 4cyl Tacoma to the A-bat, which would put you well below the $20K mark.

This proves he's an idiot:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idiot writer
I bought a 2002 Tacoma TRD Double Cab 3.4-liter V6 PreRunner 4x2 and fell madly in love with the truck’s simplicity, usability, and dimensions. It was priced below $26K because it was a 2WD PreRunner. Today I’d pay almost $29K for a comparable Tacoma that’s almost as large as the first-generation Tundra.
I paid $23,500 (invoice) for mine.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:24 AM   #6
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
Why is "bigger better?" I understand that the Tundra has additional features, but it seems like he is focusing on the large aspect of it.

He wants an A-Bat, but he tested out the double cab long bed. Those have very little in common.
I thought the same thing. On the one hand, it's not like the bigger Tundra but it's not like the small A-Bat (which I think looks like more metrosexual than the Ridgeline).

And I paid less for my 4x4 sr5 trd off-road than he lists for the pre-Runner minus the supercharger, and I didn't really do much bargaining.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:27 AM   #7
Canadian Taco
corywilson13 is on a distinguished road

corywilson13's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to corywilson13
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
Who pays $36K for a Tacoma (besides Canadians)?
That hurt, but its true...
Old 03-10-2008, 06:50 PM   #8
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by corywilson13 View Post
That hurt, but its true...
Yeah, I didn't mean that as an insult, just a matter of fact. I think it's outrageous that you guys get taken to the cleaners like that.

Thank all your friends for coming down to Myrtle Beach for Can-Am days this week.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:20 PM   #9
Kylie's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm3bow View Post
This dude needs to go out and get a truck like mine. I4, 2wd, auto, mid 20's mpgs, $18K, etc. I love the look of all tacos, but I got what suited my budget and needs.
That's exactly it. But, he's really not even looking for that. He'd be happier with like a Mini Clubman or even a Toyota Pious (Prius).
Old 03-11-2008, 07:21 PM   #10
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
He admits he would be happier with a smaller less powerful truck. To be honest for how I use my truck I'd be better off if the Tacoma were still the size of my old 1991 toyota pickup. It'd be easier to fit in the garage and probably be averaging 30+ MPG
Old 03-11-2008, 08:19 PM   #11
Kylie's dad

^That's true. Mine won't freaking fit in my garage with the mop sink directly in front of it. I need an alarm, dammit.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:49 AM   #12
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
He admits he would be happier with a smaller less powerful truck. To be honest for how I use my truck I'd be better off if the Tacoma were still the size of my old 1991 toyota pickup. It'd be easier to fit in the garage and probably be averaging 30+ MPG
thats what i dont get. he obviously wants a small fuel effecient less powerful truck. so why did he get the biggest, longest, least fuel effecient most powerful tacoma available? it makes no sense, he got the opposite of what he wants and then complains about it not being what he wanted. the guy is either retarded or Canadian
Old 03-12-2008, 07:16 AM   #13
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
thats what i dont get. he obviously wants a small fuel effecient less powerful truck. so why did he get the biggest, longest, least fuel effecient most powerful tacoma available? it makes no sense, he got the opposite of what he wants and then complains about it not being what he wanted. the guy is either retarded or Canadian
With those choices I'd say retarded (Can we call someone that nowadays?)..... Canadians are smart enough to drive what fits their needs.