Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

?? for you veteran Taco drivers

Old 03-10-2008, 09:03 AM   #1
nagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 173rd Airborne, Pathfinder, MACV
Name: George
nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to nagelg
?? for you veteran Taco drivers

I've been driving big V-8 Fords for years, the last small engine stick I had was back when the starter was on the firewall and the choke was a pull-knob on the dash (just after the invention of fire ). Here's my question: I drive a new 2.7 5-speed, at what RPM's do you guys find the best performance, mileage, ect? The big V-8's I'm used to ran well just under 2000 and I've been keeping my Taco at about 2000-2500, does this seem about right???

Thanks, George
Old 03-10-2008, 11:01 AM   #2
nagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 173rd Airborne, Pathfinder, MACV
Name: George
nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to nagelg
Thanks Phantom, By the firewall I meant just above the gas pedal, on the floor

What kinda mileage are you getting?
Old 03-10-2008, 05:23 PM   #3
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
I have the V6, 6Spd and I usually keep it around 2000-2500 as well. I can get 30mpg on flat stretches with little wind if I hold it around 60-65mph and around 2k RPMs. Of course, that never lasts long enough to affect the tank average as I run into a hill or something within a couple miles.

You could always buy a scangauge and watch the instantaneous MPG readout to tell when you are getting the most! That would be easier and faster than trying different techniques for whole tanks at a time to see the average.