Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New 2010 OR DC 4x4 issues

Old 12-23-2009, 04:41 PM   #1
biborado is a splendid one to beholdbiborado is a splendid one to beholdbiborado is a splendid one to beholdbiborado is a splendid one to beholdbiborado is a splendid one to beholdbiborado is a splendid one to beholdbiborado is a splendid one to behold
Name: Stephen
biborado's Tacoma Gallery
New 2010 OR DC 4x4 issues

So i got a white DC TRD Off-Road 4x4 with the JBL package and i noticed a few things with the truck.

One, the little net thing that goes inside the center console/arm rest and the one behind the rear passenger side seat back are missing. Dealer said "oh...only some tacomas come with them" wtf? I thought i was getting the top of the line tacoma with all the options? Does that sound right? Or do they all come with them. Also, what other items may i be missing that they failed to supply me?

The other issue was with the brakes. I didn't realize that the OR 4x4 comes with a different brake master cylinder/booster setup and i was complaining the entire test drive that the brakes felt very hard and perhaps there was air in the lines or something. They didn't have another one like that on the lot to compare to, but they assured me that it was fine. I looked under the hood and found out why the pedal felt different with a quick glance at the master cylinder, however i found that the brake fluid cap looked like it had leaked and there was a little fluid collecting on the resevoir. I test drove another one like mine at another dealer and the brakes felt similar, but is that hard pedal feel normal? I have no idea how any brake fluid could have leaked out, but its full, so i guessss i can't complain. Anyways, the brakes require more effort to get the car to stop than i'm used to with the standard vaccuum systems, just curious if thats normal? If i push down hard enough and keep my foot on it with constant pressure, the car does come to a hault pretty quickly. I may go in with my truck and just compare with another one side by side when they get one in.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:43 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW.

I think the corgo nets are taken by some dealers. Mine came with them. Brakes sound normal.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:47 PM   #3
grdnrxr is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
grdnrxr's Tacoma Gallery
me either

Mine had no nets or floormats.......
Old 12-23-2009, 04:56 PM   #4
braggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
braggman7's Tacoma Gallery
I got the one behind the seat but not in the console... never knew there was supposed to be one in the console.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:01 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
My brakes are the same. It also feels like the system is always doing something. Just takes some getting used to.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:03 PM   #6
comatosed is a jewel in the roughcomatosed is a jewel in the roughcomatosed is a jewel in the roughcomatosed is a jewel in the rough
comatosed's Tacoma Gallery
I thought the brakes felt a little soft on my sport honestly. I don't have a single net in my truck.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:06 PM   #7
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
My nets were in the storage compartment under the rear seat.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:06 PM   #8
biborado is a splendid one to beholdbiborado is a splendid one to beholdbiborado is a splendid one to beholdbiborado is a splendid one to beholdbiborado is a splendid one to beholdbiborado is a splendid one to beholdbiborado is a splendid one to behold
Ya I can feel the pump coming on and off to charge the accumulator. It will take some time to get used to, but i'm glad that its not an issue, but rather just how they come. I was worried at first that i got one with brake issues before i even got it out of the lot!

I think i'm going to go back to the dealer and ask them to get me the two nets. Its the least they can do for chipping the hood where it meets the grill. It must have happened during them washing it is what i'm thinking because i looked over the entire vehicle prior to them washing it and it was flawless. Any other items i should ask for that should have already been "Standard equipment"? I did get these two connectors that are in the glove box which look like they are some sort of bypass for the backup camera.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:15 PM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Sorry to thread hack but does anyone hear a ticking while driving almost like a leaky exhaust manifold gasket? I was thinking it is jsut normal engine sound. I know there is that valve on the side of the engine that makes noise but from what I have read it only happens at idle.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:24 PM   #11
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Mine came with the cargo nets and a flashlight holder for the storage area behind the rear seat. The tow package included a 7-pin adapter and wiring harness for trailer brakes. Make sure you have the 4 tie downs that fit into the rail around the bed.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:32 PM   #12
weidjd is on a distinguished road
weidjd's Tacoma Gallery
Just got an '10 OR 4x today. I will have to go look at the nets and holders. The brakes are mine are also harsh, very touchy. Will get used them.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:35 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
Mine came with the cargo nets and a flashlight holder for the storage area behind the rear seat. The tow package included a 7-pin adapter and wiring harness for trailer brakes. Make sure you have the 4 tie downs that fit into the rail around the bed.
I got the flashlight holder, and the 4 tie downs. I guess i will have to go back and check the rear seat for the other parts. I guess thats what the connectors in my glove box are. Its an adapter of some sort with directions in japanese mostly. I was really excited to drive the thing outta there that i didnt really bother to chekck and see what it was.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:35 PM   #14
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
I asked my dealer to find me the net and they got it for me. Just ask your salesman...if they are cool enough they should find it somehow. I think they jack them though. I got both nets.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:08 PM   #16
weidjd is on a distinguished road
weidjd's Tacoma Gallery
No nets. Got the tie downs and FL holder.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:17 PM   #17
Dane-Taco is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard:
Name: Justus
Dane-Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
This is where mine were at. I didn't know I was supposed to get any nets, but i found mine tucked away beneath the jack.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:48 PM   #18
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
Ditto.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:47 AM   #19
Yamaha
Canadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to all

Name: Mike
Canadian Max's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by comatosed View Post
I thought the brakes felt a little soft on my sport honestly. I don't have a single net in my truck.
X2
Old 12-24-2009, 06:03 AM   #20
TRIFECTA!!!
swise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to behold

swise's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by biborado View Post
I did get these two connectors that are in the glove box which look like they are some sort of bypass for the backup camera.
Thats an adaptor for the trailer harness.