Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bassani exhaust

Old 12-23-2009, 06:40 PM   #1
Yota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of light

Yota1's Tacoma Gallery
Bassani exhaust

I used to run a bassani system on a bronco and loved it. Awesome quality, and a very unique sound.

any one run a muffler from them here? Actually thinking of putting a muffler on my 2.7 It has a kind of American/euro high end sports car sound

on my bronco it was a very quiet system at idle, but put your foot in it, and people covered their ears. loved it, huge performance gains in the seat if my pants dyno too!
Old 12-23-2009, 06:45 PM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Haven't heard of anybody using Bassani around here

Good luck bud!
Old 12-23-2009, 09:33 PM   #3
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I really like Bassani but I do not think they make a catback for Tacomas.
I have had a SS one on my Lightning for 6 years and it is great.

I guess you could get the muff and install it on a stocker.

I just checked their site and do not have one listed, but they have a free exhaust prototype program if you leave your truck for a few days to let them build the prototype you get one free.
Details on their site.
They are in Anahiem Cali. I think.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:33 AM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Bassani X pipe and Corsa exhaust on the corvette.

Like OH-MAN said...they don't make one for the tacoma.

They're pretty expensive aren't they?
I remember contacting Corsa a while back asking them about exhausts for Tacomas. It wasnt' in their plans at the time. I then decided againest it since their exhaust systems can be close to $1000. I'm pretty sure Bassani is a HIGH END exhaust $$$ exhaust.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:34 AM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Bassani X pipe and Corsa exhaust on the corvette.

Like OH-MAN said...they don't make one for the tacoma. Although, you could install one. It's just hasn't been tested and you never know how the truck will perform afterwards. Are you willing to spend the $$ and take that chance?

They're pretty expensive aren't they?
I remember contacting Corsa a while back asking them about exhausts for Tacomas. It wasnt' in their plans at the time. I then decided againest it since their exhaust systems can be close to $1000. I'm pretty sure Bassani is a HIGH END exhaust $$$ exhaust.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:52 AM   #6
Yota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of light

Yota1's Tacoma Gallery
Ya I know its pricey, but we get what you pay for. I think i may get a muffler and have it welded up with some custom tail pipes
Old 12-24-2009, 09:48 PM   #7
dwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura aboutdwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura aboutdwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura about
Name: Kevin
dwntwnall4u's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running Bassani on my true dual exhaust and it sounds very good to me. Not very loud and very smooth sounding.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:49 PM   #8
fjrmurph will become famous soon enoughfjrmurph will become famous soon enough
fjrmurph's Tacoma Gallery
dwntwnall4u

Dude that is one awesome exhaust system !!!! You must work in a muffler shop ?
Old 12-25-2009, 01:35 PM   #9
dwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura aboutdwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura aboutdwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura about
fjrmurph...Thanks. I have a guy here in San Diego does my muffler work, I just instruct him on how I want it and he does a good job. I also have tuned my tailpipes to get rid of some drone that was at 2500-3000rpm.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:10 PM   #11

Yota1's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have asound clip?
Old 12-25-2009, 05:29 PM   #12
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
Ok, I'll bite, why do you have 3 mufflers, one of them being a magnaflow?

I think he is using the maggy as an X pipe but it would reduce the sound as well.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:50 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
I think he is using the maggy as an X pipe but it would reduce the sound as well.
\\
yes you're correct.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:57 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota1 View Post
Do you have asound clip?
This VID was shot before final tuning out drone.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:30 PM   #15
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good and sounds good.
It is hard to get a good sound out of a 6 cyl.