Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Taco lean normal or defect?

View Poll Results: IS THIS?
NORMAL ACCEPT IT 15 62.50%
DEFECT ASK TOYOTA TO FIX IT 10 41.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-26-2009, 06:15 AM   #1
bigbolas has much to be proud ofbigbolas has much to be proud ofbigbolas has much to be proud ofbigbolas has much to be proud ofbigbolas has much to be proud ofbigbolas has much to be proud ofbigbolas has much to be proud ofbigbolas has much to be proud ofbigbolas has much to be proud of
bigbolas's Tacoma Gallery
Taco lean normal or defect?

Old 12-26-2009, 07:26 AM   #2
rab44 will become famous soon enoughrab44 will become famous soon enough
rab44's Tacoma Gallery
If my truck leaned that much I would complain until they fix it.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:31 AM   #3
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
yea i had about 3/4" taco lean. Only thing that really fixed it was the toytec ultimate lift kit and i just adjusted one coilover higher to compensate
Old 12-26-2009, 07:41 AM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Since you're still under warrantee, I'd definately take the truck to the dealer and have them look at it.

Did you change anything else to your suspension?

Did the lean get worse or better after the TSB install?
Old 12-26-2009, 08:21 AM   #5
akyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud of

Name: Ryan
akyota's Tacoma Gallery
I would totally take it in and have them fix it!! $30 grand dosen't just grow on trees.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:21 AM   #6
matthew5olson is a jewel in the roughmatthew5olson is a jewel in the roughmatthew5olson is a jewel in the rough

Name: matthew
matthew5olson's Tacoma Gallery
You mean front to back or side to side. Pics would be helpful
Old 12-26-2009, 09:04 AM   #9
vbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vbibi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorifuto View Post
IMO, taco lean is normal. The driver and the fuel tank are both on the left side, so that extra weight, I think, causes the taco lean.
So, then we are dealing with a bunch of idiots at Toyota development, My Taco is leaning about 1/2"
Take care
vbibi
Old 12-26-2009, 09:07 AM   #10
flatlander will become famous soon enoughflatlander will become famous soon enough

flatlander's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
IMO, taco lean is normal. The driver and the fuel tank are both on the left side, so that extra weight, I think, causes the taco lean.
That is true, but I don't think it should show up until the shocks / springs are worn out. At least that is they way it was on my 93 chevy 4wd.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:44 AM   #11
Blinking Car Mod...
RedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
RedruM29's Tacoma Gallery
Just wait till your taco has a budbuilt gas tank skid and high lift jack on the same side, then tell me how much your taco leans!
Old 12-26-2009, 09:53 AM   #12
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep, and don't forget the "battery" is contributing to that side of the truck leaning too.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:54 AM   #13
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
Mine leans a little. I cranked my C/O's on the driver side a little bit higher than the passenger side to compensate for me sagging the suspension down... and I still lean a little. It is what it is.