So maybe I'm anal but I wanted to mount my ARB High Volume compressor on a isolation mount to minimize the buzzzzzzz that the compressor makes and who knows, maybe extend the life of the compressor.
First I made a hat section out of some steel stock from Lowes. I didn't have a brake so I had to make due with a hammer, a vice and some peices of wood. I think it came out half-way decent considering I was using farm methods.
Next, being that I am so green , I went to my local tire shop and collected my, now favorite isolation bushings - these are actually the rubber that they cut off from the valve stems to remove them. I like em!
Next I drilled some holes (taped the flanges with hammer to transfer location of the 3 studs on passenger side fender well and used the ARB backing plate to locate the ones for the compressor).
Note that I drilled out the ones for the compressor to 1/2 inch so that they would be large enough so that the bracket would not touch the bolts when I tightened them. A little primer, 2 coats of gloss black, a little time in my oven...
I put two of my new favorate isloation bushings on each compressor mounting bolt (one above the bracket with round end down and one below the bracket round end up). Then I tightened the compressor mounting bolts so that 1.5-2.0 threads are showing.
Tomorrow I'm going to mount this thing in my truck, wire it up and see how buzzworthy the mount is or isn't.
Oh yeah, sorry for the cell phone pics!