Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

MBRP Dual Exhaust

Old 12-27-2009, 08:48 AM   #1
scully is just really nicescully is just really nicescully is just really nicescully is just really nice
scully's Tacoma Gallery
MBRP Dual Exhaust

Getting ready to pull trigger on new exhaust and came across the MBRP XP Series dual exhaust. Looks good but not can't find too much info. Would love to hear from someone who has knowledge/experience w/ MBRP on their Taco. Priced at $455 shipped. Also considering TRD if I can get one for under $400 shipped.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:15 AM   #2
Buy the Ticket take the Ride.....
Mr_Torque is a jewel in the roughMr_Torque is a jewel in the roughMr_Torque is a jewel in the roughMr_Torque is a jewel in the rough

Mr_Torque's Tacoma Gallery
I installed mine 2-1/2 years ago and it's holding up well. I did make up a hanger bracket to keep the drivers side brake line from contacting the added tailpipe and I wrapped the ABS wiring with a heat wrap. They were not touching but looked close enough to make me worry when the truck was loaded up.
It is pretty loud too....especially on the highway if you're in the hammer lane against a barrier.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:26 PM   #3
trd taco guy is on a distinguished road
Name: Rob
trd taco guy's Tacoma Gallery
used to have one on my silverado I thought I sounded pretty good and so did my friends It was agressive but not too crazy overall I would recomend one and prob buy another not sure how it would sound on a v6 or a 4
Old 12-27-2009, 05:51 PM   #4
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
sounds good

I have had mine installed for a little over a year. It sounds great especially for a 6 cylinder. The guys at the shop that do all my work even talked me out of hollowing out the cat it sounds good the way it is. Just my .02. I powder coated the tips back so it looks awesome.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:54 AM   #5
BajaNick is just really niceBajaNick is just really niceBajaNick is just really niceBajaNick is just really nice
Name: Nick
BajaNick's Tacoma Gallery
I have that set up and I am very Happy with it

I got the duels with black tips to match my rims, It installed in about an hour no problem and has held up nicely for about 6 months now. The coating on one of my tips started to flake after 21 hours of solid driving back from Mexico (I think I super heated it) and they sent me a new one under warranty no problem. I popped for the 304 kit as I plan to get 10 yrs and 200k out of my truck. I can get it up on the lift and take some pics for you next week if you want to check it out. just let me know
Old 01-10-2010, 11:58 AM   #6
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-10-2010, 03:12 PM   #7
scully is just really nicescully is just really nicescully is just really nicescully is just really nice
scully's Tacoma Gallery
BajaNick, I'm sure w/ the TRD supercharger your lovn' your truck. Thanks for the reply & would like to see pics
Old 01-10-2010, 03:55 PM   #8
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
I had one on my '09 and liked it quite a bit.

Keep in mind that unless you have a double cab long bed, you will need to measure and cut the straight pipe to the stock exhaust flange. I called MBRP about this and they said that they make the exhaust for the longest body configuation and everyone else would need to cut.

The stainless rear lines I had rubbed against the left side pipe so I put electrical tubing around them. That melted against the pipe so I wrapped the pipe and brake line with heat wrap tape and everything was fine.

The bracket for the left side pipe is a close fit with the spare tire. You may need to drop the spare tire and reposition it when you crank it back up so everything fits.

The end sections may wiggle around or shift when everything's done. MBRP recommended taking apart the exhaust clamps and removing the metal spacer so that the clamps could be closed tighter.

And one last tip...use oil to coat the studs that hold the rubber exhaust hangers. It will make removing the stock exhaust much much easier.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:36 AM   #9
BajaNick is just really niceBajaNick is just really niceBajaNick is just really niceBajaNick is just really nice
BajaNick's Tacoma Gallery
Here are the Pics I promissed

I was able to get some time on the lift today so I took a couple pic's of my Duels Setup. You can see where the brake lines run that some folks have felt the need to protect with some kind of heat wrap, my rubber isn't scorched at all so I think it is unnecessary. You can also see with the longer stroke form the Sway-Aways the exhaust rubs against the rear leaf spring mount at full droop which concerned me initially but it clears fine at ride height and I didn't notice any marks when I had it up on the lift today so I don't think thats an issue either.
Attached Thumbnails
MBRP Dual Exhaust-exhaust-near-brake-lines.jpg   MBRP Dual Exhaust-full-rear-shot.jpg  
Old 02-21-2010, 09:19 AM   #12
bt08231 has a spectacular aura aboutbt08231 has a spectacular aura about

bt08231's Tacoma Gallery
mdbigred, i didnt realize your name until i recognized your green ridge pictures lol. Did you guys drive the firebreak/powerlines? I saw a guy do the steep side in an old cj, it looked so dangerous to say the least!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:44 AM   #13
MachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Security Forces
MachoTaco10's Tacoma Gallery
great exhaust, deep deep sound, sounds mean down low. get it
Old 02-21-2010, 10:05 AM   #14
DAMN GOOD DEAL!!
TRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kenny
TRDKenE's Tacoma Gallery
i would like to hear a sound clip
Old 02-21-2010, 10:42 AM   #15
Buy the Ticket take the Ride.....
Mr_Torque is a jewel in the roughMr_Torque is a jewel in the roughMr_Torque is a jewel in the roughMr_Torque is a jewel in the rough

Mr_Torque's Tacoma Gallery
Click on the "audio video" button. The video links are dead but the audio links still work.

http://www.mbrp.com/?page=products&p...04&make=Toyota
Old 05-31-2011, 07:13 PM   #16
a89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
a89aries's Tacoma Gallery
Ends up the MBRP factory is in Huntsville Ontario, just north of where I am.

They do a factory direct sale where they even install it for locals. I'm going to take advantage of it and get a set of XP duels installed next week. Will follow up with thoughts!
Old 05-31-2011, 07:30 PM   #17
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
TacomaPrime's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm. I couldn't find any audio links on mbrp's site. Anyone got a clip on their 4.0L tacoma?
Old 06-01-2011, 07:25 PM   #18
CtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
CtTaco's Tacoma Gallery
The only thing I want to hear is whether it gets really raspy like every other taco performance exhaust at higher rpms...
Old 06-02-2011, 01:05 PM   #19
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
I'm bringing this thread back to life. I'm looking into the single or dual and want to know about the interior noise. I really dont want any drone it would just drive me crazy. Anyone share on this issue please. Thanks.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:31 PM   #20
MDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kohler
MDBigRed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bt08231 View Post
mdbigred, i didnt realize your name until i recognized your green ridge pictures lol. Did you guys drive the firebreak/powerlines? I saw a guy do the steep side in an old cj, it looked so dangerous to say the least!
Sorry, I'm just now seeing your post! I honestly don't remember what we did, green ridge isn't much in my opinion. It was the first place I took my truck and I don't think I'll go back anytime soon (I think it's closed now as well). A stock rig will do just fine there