Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Getting my billies and AAL installed right now..

Old 12-28-2009, 10:41 AM   #1
headhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

headhunter247's Tacoma Gallery
Getting my billies and AAL installed right now..

I can hardly contain myself. I feel like a little kid...pics to come!

Yea, I thought about doing them myself, but then talked myself out of it, since I dont want to learn on my DD.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:03 AM   #2
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Merry Christmas to yourself!! Great feeling...
Old 12-28-2009, 11:05 AM   #3
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
feels great doesnt it?good for u.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:06 AM   #4
rclangelan is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
rclangelan's Tacoma Gallery
What front height are you setting them to?

What size AALs are you putting on?

Post some pics!

Ryan
Old 12-28-2009, 11:11 AM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats bro!!! I'm sure your going to love the new look!!
Old 12-28-2009, 11:18 AM   #6
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
Up size your tires and your even be happier.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:39 AM   #7
headhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yea, the tires are the next thing. Im leaning towards goodyear duratracks. Im unsure about 285 vs. 265 current. I have a long commute to do away with gas mileage too much.
After much consideration, Im setting them at 2.5 and the 2" AALs in the back. I realize that I will need new UCAs at some point, which I will get down the road a little.
The best part about all of this, is the 4x4 shop is right by my office, and I can see my truck up on the lift from far away. This makes the anticipation that much worse!!
Old 12-28-2009, 11:43 AM   #8
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboytacoma24 View Post
Yea, the tires are the next thing. Im leaning towards goodyear duratracks. Im unsure about 285 vs. 265 current. I have a long commute to do away with gas mileage too much.
After much consideration, Im setting them at 2.5 and the 2" AALs in the back. I realize that I will need new UCAs at some point, which I will get down the road a little.
The best part about all of this, is the 4x4 shop is right by my office, and I can see my truck up on the lift from far away. This makes the anticipation that much worse!!
Hahaha, I bet you cant even work. Your just staring down at your truck huh!?! Well when they are done with it, at least you will know how it looks lifted from hundreds of feet away!!
Old 12-28-2009, 11:45 AM   #9
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm also running the Goodyear Duratrac's in a 265/75/R16. So far this winter they have been excellant in the ice/snow. I would had liked to jumped on up to the 285's but didn't have the extra cash for new UCA's at the time.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:46 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Hahaha, I bet you cant even work. Your just staring down at your truck huh!?! Well when they are done with it, at least you will know how it looks lifted from hundreds of feet away!!
Yea, Ive been waiting patiently for them to pull it out of the bay. Pretty cool that a prominent 4x4 shop (in business for over 30 years) is right by my office. I visit and look all the time, but this is the first business Ive done with them.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:48 AM   #11
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Yea, Ive been waiting patiently for them to pull it out of the bay. Pretty cool that a prominent 4x4 shop (in business for over 30 years) is right by my office. I visit and look all the time, but this is the first business Ive done with them.
Yeah Im sure it will be just fine. Did they give you a time estimate on when they might be done?
Old 12-28-2009, 11:51 AM   #12

Quote:
Yeah Im sure it will be just fine. Did they give you a time estimate on when they might be done?
Well I told them as long as its by 4-5p Im good. I drive 30 mi to work. I dont want to be stuck over here.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:54 AM   #13
Taco... since '97
LB Taco has a brilliant futureLB Taco has a brilliant futureLB Taco has a brilliant futureLB Taco has a brilliant futureLB Taco has a brilliant futureLB Taco has a brilliant futureLB Taco has a brilliant futureLB Taco has a brilliant futureLB Taco has a brilliant futureLB Taco has a brilliant futureLB Taco has a brilliant future

Law Enforcement:
Name: J
LB Taco's Tacoma Gallery

I need PICS!!!

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on the same thing.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:54 AM   #14
rclangelan is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
rclangelan's Tacoma Gallery
At what height on the 5100s adjustability range are new UCAs recommended?

Can't wait to see pics!

Ryan
Old 12-28-2009, 11:55 AM   #15
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Well I told them as long as its by 4-5p Im good. I drive 30 mi to work. I dont want to be stuck over here.
Oh okay cool. Yeah i think it took around 7-8 hours for all my stuff to get installed but that was for 5100's all around, 885's up front, 2" rear AAL, TC UCAs, new wheels and tires balanced and mounted, alignment, and proper trimming up front so I wouldnt rub. So yours should be good to go by the time your off work.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:57 AM   #16

Quote:
Oh okay cool. Yeah i think it took around 7-8 hours for all my stuff to get installed but that was for 5100's all around, 885's up front, 2" rear AAL, TC UCAs, new wheels and tires balanced and mounted, alignment, and proper trimming up front so I wouldnt rub. So yours should be good to go by the time your off work.
Yea, I think they said 3 hours for the install of everything. Then time for an allignment. Im hoping by 2-3 so I could just accidentially not come back when I picked up my truck.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:57 AM   #17
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats dude...post up pics asap
Old 12-28-2009, 11:58 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclangelan View Post
At what height on the 5100s adjustability range are new UCAs recommended?

Can't wait to see pics!

Ryan
Once you get to 2-3 in of lift they are recommended...you just might have a little wander in your steering wheel.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:32 PM   #19
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the stock UCAs and it seems to drive fine, but I do have a vibe..

I'd be more worried about having a vibe if your just getting it done, it will look sweet but do I have a vibe. Mine showed up like 2 months later...
Old 12-28-2009, 12:39 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
I've got the stock UCAs and it seems to drive fine, but I do have a vibe..

I'd be more worried about having a vibe if your just getting it done, it will look sweet but do I have a vibe. Mine showed up like 2 months later...
Yeah, Im keeping my fingers crossed that Im one of the lucky ones.