LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Question about 3" lift

Old 03-12-2008, 04:37 PM   #1
natemaker is on a distinguished road
natemaker's Tacoma Gallery
Question about 3" lift

I was just wondering if I can run 33x12.50xR20 tires with a 3 inch lift...
If anyone has done that could I see some pics...
Thank you...
Old 03-12-2008, 04:39 PM   #2
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
The only problem I see is the width.....rubbing most likely would occur.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:18 PM   #3
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
The only problem I see is the width.....rubbing most likely would occur.
Agreed. My 285's are 32.8" tall so height isn't really an issue. You can get wheels with a different BS to run wider tires to clear the UCA (mine on stock wheels rub slightly), but then the outside edge of the tire hits the body mount while turning.

Several people have cut the body mount back and welded a plate over it to close the hole. But it's up to you if you want to put that much work into it. And that doesn't count any plastic trimming you'd have to do with that wide of a tire.

With my 285's there is no plastic rubbing so I deal with a scuff mark on the UCAs.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:34 PM   #4
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post

With my 285's there is no plastic rubbing so I deal with a scuff mark on the UCAs.
Thats interesting- i had some 265-75R16 studded tires mounted on some stock 06 tacoma steel wheels, and when i swapped my other tires and wheels back last weekend there was a rub mark on the back of the lower a-arm. guess the stockers have suck a narrow offset they do this at full lock.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:06 PM   #5
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hmmmm Maybe I'll have to check the LCA's too. The UCA was easy to notice being on top. I know it rubs that at full lock. Thought I looked everywhere, but you're the first person I've heard mention the lower control arm being rubbed.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:42 PM   #6
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
here's my right side LCA:Attachment 1477
Old 03-12-2008, 06:46 PM   #7
Devout Atheist

wow... That's more than my UCA.... My rub marks are less than half that. I think I'd notice something that big! But I'll check in the morning if I can remember!
Old 03-12-2008, 07:22 PM   #8
natemaker is on a distinguished road
natemaker's Tacoma Gallery
so I guess each truck is different...
I guess I will have to just get them mounted and see how they do..
Thank you for the imput..
Old 03-12-2008, 07:27 PM   #9
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemaker View Post
so I guess each truck is different...
I guess I will have to just get them mounted and see how they do..
Thank you for the imput..

Yeah, if you can have the guy mount a front tire and check for rubbing (not on the lift) before mounting all 4, then you could get different tires. I had my guy do that when I saw how much bigger than stock my 285's were! I did the math before hand and decided they should fit, but putting rubber next to rubber I started having doubts!