1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for OEM/Dealer alarm system

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by cjastacio, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Dec 28, 2009 at 3:24 PM
    cjastacio

cjastacio [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hi all,

I just bought my '10 Tacoma on Sunday and opted out of the dealer alarm install since it's so bloated a price. I'm sure I could easily install the same alarm for a fraction of the cost as I've done all the wiring for an alarm before. I also noticed that the alarm was deactivated by the salesperson within minutes which tells me that it was simply the brain that was removed from below the steering column. Could you all confirm if it was the VIP Security System, RS3200 Plus which the dealer had on the truck. Also a reference for where to buy would be excellent!

Thanks!

2. Dec 28, 2009 at 3:57 PM
    DriverSound

DriverSound Señor Member

Member:
    SoCaca
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR 4x4
    Too few to list.
    Each dealer alarm varies. Usually by KARR and yes, they do cut the alarm off. It's a piggy back alarm designed to work with your current remotes. When I was at the dealership, I did notice they had a car alarm vending machine looking thing. It looks and works exactly like a vending machine with the pieces on display. It's just a little piece that get's plugged in to make the alarm work. The vending machine was sitting next to the financing office where they offer you the alarm. I have a factory alarm from a 2008 that I pulled out. I believe Toyota does not put alarms from the factory to be oem. They are all dealer options and aftermarket.

3. Dec 28, 2009 at 4:05 PM
    tacopleasure

tacopleasure Active Member

Member:
    wrong thread.

4. Dec 28, 2009 at 4:16 PM
    DriverSound

DriverSound Señor Member

Member:
    SoCaca
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR 4x4
    Too few to list.
    I believe you have to change the whole handle. Someone on here changed their with the ones with no key holes like the rear handles of the DC and didn't look that difficult. I suggest you get the ignition done by the dealership since you're gonna need a new key with the chip.

5. Dec 28, 2009 at 4:30 PM
    cjastacio

cjastacio [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thanks for the info, DriverSound! Karr sounds familiar but I'll ask the dealer to be sure. Any site references for parts?

6. Dec 28, 2009 at 5:18 PM
    DriverSound

DriverSound Señor Member

Member:
    SoCaca
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR 4x4
    Too few to list.
    Unfortunately, I think Karr is a dealer exclusive now. They don't sell parts to the public anymore but I'm sure you can ask the local mom and pops stereo places and they might even have parts.

Products Discussed in

To Top