Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Seat Belts

Old 03-12-2008, 06:18 PM   #1
Tacoberry is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Master Sergeant; Aircraft Maintenance
Tacoberry's Tacoma Gallery
Seat Belts

...or more acurately, the male fittings for the front seats. When they are not in use, do yours stick out when they hang from the side of the cab or do they face the plastic side panel?Mine face the plastic and the passenger fitting constantly 'clicks' against the side panel as I drive by myself. Not sure if they are meant to be that way. If they are wrong, it looks like a PITA to switch around.I'm aware that I'm fairly retentive (admission is the first step...), but the sound drives me nuts. I end up shoving the offending fitting into the top guide within the first 100 yards.Are they innies or outties?
Old 03-12-2008, 06:23 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
my drivers side one hit plastic to plastic and my passenger sid eone was metal to plastic, so i did the method of folding the material over and pulling the buckler across it to make it flip around. it was quite a pull, but it went over it
Old 03-12-2008, 06:24 PM   #3
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
I have never had a problem with mine making noise so i guess im just lucky
Old 03-12-2008, 06:43 PM   #4
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Holy crap, man. I was gonna post the exact same question. That is so crazy. I just saw for the first time last night that the passenger side seat belt clip was facing the wall of the cab. I heard tapping real loud and I looked and saw that this was the case. I spent about a half hour trying to do the fold thing last night, but got too frustrated. Im gonna try again tonight.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:20 PM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Turn up your stereo louder!!

My husband has the same problem in his Acura. The backseat belt rattles.

You could probably add a piece of velcro and stick the belt againest the plastic to prevent it from sticking.... just an off the wall thought.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:53 AM   #6
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Just buckle them as if a person was wearing it. That's what i do, and no more clicking
Old 03-13-2008, 04:21 PM   #7
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
mine do it a little on rough roads, but regularly its fine. for me, its usually the back seat ones that do it more often than the front one. cant remember which way the passenger seat one faces though. mine might be out?
Old 03-13-2008, 04:45 PM   #8
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like 05prerunner has the idea.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:04 PM   #9
Tacoberry is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Master Sergeant; Aircraft Maintenance
Tacoberry's Tacoma Gallery
Good suggestions. Glad to see I'm not the only neurotic one out there...

I was actually wondering which way they came from the factory. Mine's used so I didn't know for sure...

Anyway, in the interim, I called the Toyota hot line for my leaf spring TSB and they are going to contact my local dealer to order my 4 pack springs for me.

I'll ask the tech the innie or outtie seat belt question when I bring it it...