Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Banks Monster Exhaust

Old 12-30-2009, 05:50 PM   #1
scully is just really nicescully is just really nicescully is just really nicescully is just really nice
scully's Tacoma Gallery
Banks Monster Exhaust

Anyone have one? AutoAnything.com has some good prices (and free shipping) that rival the TRD system. Looks like a decent system but would like to hear some feedback from fellow TC members.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:01 PM   #2
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
I got my cat back from a dealer in TX for 395. I think I went through www.trdparts4u.com
Old 12-30-2009, 06:06 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I have only seen one short video if it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8QOeBoIsJM
Old 12-30-2009, 06:14 PM   #4
scully is just really nicescully is just really nicescully is just really nicescully is just really nice
scully's Tacoma Gallery
sounds sweet!
Old 12-31-2009, 10:30 PM   #6
James's blue taco is on a distinguished road
Name: james
James's blue taco's Tacoma Gallery
i have an aero turbine muffler with the stock tail pipe and a four inch tip on my 07 and it sounds almost as good as the banks. i talked to a few muffler shops and they told me that the banks exhaust was running too big of diameter pipe to keep the proper back pressure for our 4.0. i would suggest the aero turbine 2525 muffler. it is polished stainless steel and has a great tone to it. it comes in two choices. resonated or non resonated
Old 12-31-2009, 10:36 PM   #7
jodud7 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Combat Arms USAF
jodud7's Tacoma Gallery
Banks Exhaust

I have had my banks exhaust for over a year and love it. It has a nice tone to it and i know you will not be sorry. The only thing i noticed was the hangers rusting a little but im sure if i sprayed them they would be fine. I also noticed additional power after adding it. Hope that helps.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:22 AM   #8
DonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Boatswain's Mate
Name: Don
DonL's Tacoma Gallery
I've had one for a year also and it's great. I've had no trouble just a nice sound and a little more punch. Especially when I pull my travel trailer. Easy to install also.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:44 PM   #9
dingchavez24 is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
dingchavez24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonL View Post
I've had one for a year also and it's great. I've had no trouble just a nice sound and a little more punch. Especially when I pull my travel trailer. Easy to install also.
Regarding the banks exhaust, what was the installation procedure? Thanks!
Old 02-23-2010, 01:59 PM   #10
DonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Boatswain's Mate
Name: Don
DonL's Tacoma Gallery
The Toyota exhaust is all one piece so pulling it out is the hardest part of the whole procedure. The Monster exhaust comes in three sections using u-bolts to connect. All the hangers are preinstalled so its just a matter of bolting it on. Hope this helps.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:04 PM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I didn't install mine but it looks simple. As said above the stock exhaust is one piece.

My vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYR2VJGSH2o