Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My finished black sand pearl. need answers.

Old 12-31-2009, 06:42 AM   #1
alx_alx_69 is a jewel in the roughalx_alx_69 is a jewel in the roughalx_alx_69 is a jewel in the rough
Army: 3rd SFG
Name: Alex
alx_alx_69's Tacoma Gallery
My finished black sand pearl. need answers.

OK so it took me 2 days, but as a mechanical retard I think it turned out great.

2 questions though.

1. Why did I not need to reset my TPMS, the owners manual says that after putting the tires back on I would need to reset my TPMS, but it didnt go off???

2. I wrenched the lugs back in as tight as I could I.E.(standing on crow bar until it was very tight) do I still need to take it to a shop to have them air gun the lugs in tighter or will it be good???

thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
My finished black sand pearl. need answers.-01.jpg   My finished black sand pearl. need answers.-02.jpg  
Old 12-31-2009, 06:51 AM   #2
JBTuncc is on a distinguished road
Name: John
JBTuncc's Tacoma Gallery
You don't want to put the lugs on too tight. You could strip them. Sounds like you should be fine and not need to go to the shop. As far as the TPMS I'm not sure.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:55 AM   #3
jester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jester156's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to jester156
if you changed your tires, the set air pressure of the current TPMS might not match the new ideal pressure of your new tires or what the shop set them at.
also, make sure your spare matches the new pressure of the new tires.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:56 AM   #4
BSP4x4
BSP4x4's Tacoma Gallery
don't reef on your lugs like that, go buy a torque wrench and torque them to 80 ft lbs
Old 12-31-2009, 07:48 AM   #5
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
i think you may have overtightened them. and aren't your rims alumium??
May want to redo.

By the way, rims look good!
Old 12-31-2009, 07:51 AM   #6
" The Master Ninja"
Death_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Talha
Death_Stalker's Tacoma Gallery
Wow thats too tight ... you dont need the Shop's Air pressure gun its not always good anyways ... !
Old 12-31-2009, 09:23 AM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
+1 for getting a torque wrench. You can get one at harbor freight for around 10 bucks. Overtightening can damage you lugs, studs, and rims.