Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What are some good buying tips

Old 12-31-2009, 12:24 PM   #1
bshell is on a distinguished road
bshell's Tacoma Gallery
What are some good buying tips

I will be looking to purchase a truck in February or March. I am looking for a 05 and up prerunner or 4x4. what are some things that I should be on the lookout for. Problems, recall, good options etc. I am looking all over but I am in ga and would love to find something within 500 miles. Any info will help.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:42 PM   #2
DuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shedDuderAbides is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st EOD Co.
Name: Tom
DuderAbides's Tacoma Gallery
carbuyingtips.com
that has everything you need to know
Old 12-31-2009, 03:04 PM   #3
SubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the rough
SubZombie's Tacoma Gallery
If given the option, I would buy an 06+. The '05 had some issues with the motor mounts and kinks that they needed to iron out and they added more standard features starting in '06.

Check for frame/body rust and such, other than that just look it over like you would any other used vehicle. Ask what TSBs if any they had done. Try and get it up over 65-70 and listen to the windshield for a balloon deflating type of noise, there was a TSB for faulty stripping around the windshield, might be something you will want to pay to fix if it is out of warranty. Test out all the features (especially anything electrical), give it a good looking over, take it to a mechanic if you feel inclined. etc. etc.