Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rear Leaf Spring TSB

Old 01-01-2010, 10:24 AM   #1
2010TACO is on a distinguished road
Army: Aviation
2010TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Rear Leaf Spring TSB

Does this TSB also apply to my 2010 PreRunner non 4WD/TRD? I just picked up the truck on Monday and the dealer did not mention anything about this which does not surprise me.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:26 AM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
did you check your leaf pack to make sure its not already there, do you have a 3 or 4 leaf pack right now?
Old 01-01-2010, 10:27 AM   #3
I have the 3 pack
Old 01-01-2010, 10:29 AM   #4
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

idk about the tsb for 2010.

are you looking to get it for lift or payload?
Old 01-01-2010, 10:31 AM   #5
I was concerned because I tow a 14ft. Jon boat
Old 01-01-2010, 10:32 AM   #6
Almost there

oh well that would make it interesting. i think theres a thread started on what people tow with their rigs, you might be able to find a comprable boat there and pm or ask the person what their rear suspension is.

other than that i have no idea and im sure someone will chime in that knows
Old 01-01-2010, 10:33 AM   #7
Almost there

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/new...reference.html

it might be just up to 08
Old 01-01-2010, 10:37 AM   #8
flyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to all

Name: Zach
flyingface's Tacoma Gallery
It's worth a shot since the spring TSB is strictly complaint-based. If you go in and say the words "harsh ride" and give them the printed out TSB, they might do it.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:45 AM   #9
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingface View Post
It's worth a shot since the spring TSB is strictly complaint-based. If you go in and say the words "harsh ride" and give them the printed out TSB, they might do it.
That and double check your part #'s and match them to the TSB. Several people with 2010s have had the TSB done, beasue the part #'s were the same and they complained of the harsh ride while under load. Myself, I haven't attempted this yet. This thread is good info:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...w-09-10-a.html

Also check the transmission shift TSB 0393-09. Depending on what month your truck was made, the fix may already have been applied during manufacture.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:53 AM   #10
flyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to all

Name: Zach
flyingface's Tacoma Gallery
And for the love of all that is right, get as many of the TSB's done before you turn 36k. It's a free fix for stuff that sucks about a Tacoma, I wish the PO of mine had done it.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:22 AM   #11
I just checked my part #'s and they are the same as the ones listed in the TSB, is there a newer TSB out that covers '09 and '10 models or am I safe to use the TSB 0305-08?

48210-04550
48220-04190

Old 01-01-2010, 11:37 AM   #12
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010TACO View Post
I just checked my part #'s and they are the same as the ones listed in the TSB, is there a newer TSB out that covers '09 and '10 models or am I safe to use the TSB 0305-08?

48210-04550
48220-04190

"Safe to use" is a silly statement- The TSB is a service bulletin for the Toyota Techs. You can go tell them you are having a problem with harsh ride and say that you saw this TSB and it looks like you have the same springs.

They may or may not play ball with you. IT's worth asking the dealer tho...Cause you'll get all sorts of answers here- Folks who got it, folks who think Toyota is trying to screw them, and everything in-between.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:44 AM   #13
sorry for the silly statement......it was just a question. I can re-phrase it by asking........will this TSB cover my truck considering the P/N's are the same as listed in the TSB?
Old 01-02-2010, 01:19 PM   #14
Took my truck to the dealership this morning with TSB in hand, was asked to come back Tuesday so they could verify the part #'s then they would order the parts and could have it back by Wednesday. I asked the assistant service manager why could not verify it now since I had the truck and he said I could leave it now and the same line again, we will verify the #'s and order parts Tuesday and pick up Wednesday. I asked again if they could take 5 min to verify and order Monday and I will return Tuesday. He agreed to this and I wait 90 min for him to tell me that they cannot do it because the TSB does not cover 2010, I said the part #'s on my truck match the TSB so why not? he then tells me that Toyota will not reimburse them if they do the work because my truck year is not listed. Finally I asked for the 1 800# from Toyota and I will call and get a case # and return. Why keep me waiting if they cannot do it?
Old 01-02-2010, 01:23 PM   #16
jlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jen
jlvhrse's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jlvhrse
Because dealerships suck, they are evil. i have everything i need to get both the tranny and rear tsbs done (part numbers, printed copy of the TSBs, and 09s are listed..) and they still wont do it for me. I am going to try a new dealership
Old 01-02-2010, 02:25 PM   #17
Yo homie, that my briefcase?
ColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to behold

Name: Geoff
ColdZeroBSP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlvhrse View Post
Because dealerships suck, they are evil. i have everything i need to get both the tranny and rear tsbs done (part numbers, printed copy of the TSBs, and 09s are listed..) and they still wont do it for me. I am going to try a new dealership
That sucks Jen. I don't know why dealerships are being such a pain in the ass about this. If the TSB is a corporate deal from Toyota then they should do it, no questions asked. Btw, just to be clear, the TSB rear has 4 leafs? Does anyone know how much lift the TSB adds to the rear?
Old 01-02-2010, 02:39 PM   #18
jlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jen
jlvhrse's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jlvhrse
^^ I think it is about 2 inches

and my dealerships excuse was that if they cant replicate the issue then they wont be reinbursed.. its time for a new dealership!
Old 01-02-2010, 03:38 PM   #19
ranger04 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
ranger04's Tacoma Gallery
The dealer denied mine because it was an 09.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:54 PM   #20
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdZeroBSP View Post
Btw, just to be clear, the TSB rear has 4 leafs? Does anyone know how much lift the TSB adds to the rear?
4 leafs and it lifts about 3/4 to 1'".

My thread: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-rear-tsb.html