Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Sad Face!!!!!!!

Old 01-01-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
Bearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Bunch-O-Bullshit
Bearskill's Tacoma Gallery
Sad Face!!!!!!!

Soooooo.......... I suck at life!!!! Me and a buddy put my OME Dakars and shocks and extended break lines on today. Well, yours truly, Capitan retard stripped out my drivers side break line. Not the extended one, but the one that runs from behind the front tire along the frame to above the axle. We tried to cut the line, use a new nut, and re-flair the line. Didn't work. Do we have titanium break lines? Anyways, gotta call the dealer in the morning. Get a new line. F##K MY LIFE!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2010, 05:03 PM   #2
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-01-2010, 05:04 PM   #3
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Don't be so hard on yourself, it happens.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:04 PM   #4
rab44 will become famous soon enoughrab44 will become famous soon enough
rab44's Tacoma Gallery
I hate when Shit like that happens
Old 01-01-2010, 05:12 PM   #5
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
Man u should have been around when I installed my lift! I stripped many nuts/bolts and had lots of head aches. It happens man, and you'll get it sorted.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:17 PM   #6
Bearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I was super careful too! The out side of the new and old fittings looked the same, So I was trying to get the new one up to the same thread as the old one. It wasn't till after i stripped the thing out did I notice that the new one was more shallow than the old one. Meh....
Old 01-01-2010, 05:24 PM   #7
lilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to behold

lilgerber's Tacoma Gallery
you just need the right tools for the job.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:11 PM   #9
Yeah, there's a TSB for that!
DrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DrRabbitFurHead's Tacoma Gallery
It's all part of modding. I read on this forum that we can grind down our calipers to get wheels to clear. Well I tried it and hit brake fluid. That sucked to the tune of $330+ and one week w/o the truck. Now I look back on that and laugh. In a few months you won't even miss the extra cash. Time like this tell a lot about your character, don't let it get the best of you.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:17 PM   #10

I just hope that new line is not to expensive. Assuming it was going to be a clean install, I just bought a new deck and roof rack. Didn't plan on getting raped at the dealer. Anyone know how much it's going to be? If it's more than $100.00 my wife is going to kill me.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:19 PM   #11
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sorry man
Old 01-01-2010, 06:23 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRabbitFurHead View Post
It's all part of modding. I read on this forum that we can grind down our calipers to get wheels to clear. Well I tried it and hit brake fluid. That sucked to the tune of $330+ and one week w/o the truck. Now I look back on that and laugh. In a few months you won't even miss the extra cash. Time like this tell a lot about your character, don't let it get the best of you.
I hear ya. It's not so much the truck, but the fact that I "F"ed up and stripped a fitting. If I did this at work a lot of bad things could happen. Jet engines Don't like things that are stripped. Baaaaaaad mojo.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:45 PM   #15
dirthawker1313 is a splendid one to beholddirthawker1313 is a splendid one to beholddirthawker1313 is a splendid one to beholddirthawker1313 is a splendid one to beholddirthawker1313 is a splendid one to beholddirthawker1313 is a splendid one to beholddirthawker1313 is a splendid one to behold

dirthawker1313's Tacoma Gallery
thats not so bad.. i was retorqeing the lower intake manifold bolts on my wifes 99 tahoe and snapped the bolt. i tried to remove it by drilling it and using a GRAB IT that proceeded to break off in the bolt. so i had to remove the intake both upper and lower plus all this other crap that was in the way including the ac compressor etc.. now all i need to do is get the extractor out of the broken bolt and then drill and tap a new hole.. my new year is off to a great start too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearskill View Post
Soooooo.......... I suck at life!!!! Me and a buddy put my OME Dakars and shocks and extended break lines on today. Well, yours truly, Capitan retard stripped out my drivers side break line. Not the extended one, but the one that runs from behind the front tire along the frame to above the axle. We tried to cut the line, use a new nut, and re-flair the line. Didn't work. Do we have titanium break lines? Anyways, gotta call the dealer in the morning. Get a new line. F##K MY LIFE!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2010, 06:53 PM   #16
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Good on you for trying,.....sometimes I get mad at myself because I'm too lazy(*cough*Chicken*cough*)to try things myself and have them done by others.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:56 PM   #17
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Let me tell you about my antenna....what a fuxored mess that is.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:11 PM   #18
Oh yeah!
rb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
rb11701's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by squad314 View Post
Good on you for trying.
+1

You should give youself credit for trying. Most people are not brave enough to do even that. Nothing is perfect the 1st time. Always sucks when something gets messed up, but you live you learn. Experience is the reward for trying.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:18 PM   #19

Well as for trying myself there is a story i forgot to tell that i just found out while well replaced the springs. A year ago I took my truck to this shop to put in my old Toytec AAL. Today when we took the passenger side leaf off it started to separate as well took load off of it. As we un bolted the axle, front mount and shackle the whole leaf pack just fell apart!!!! Instead of carrying my old leaf pack out of the garage I carried 4 pieces out. WTF!?! It looked like they hack sawed the center pin off then realized they didn't leave enough threads, but put it on anyway. The stripped out center pin nut was just chillin under my bump stop. Had I not "F"ed up my break line I was thinking about driving down to that shop and dumping their POS work on their door step.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:19 PM   #20
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thats what happens when you have someone else do the work for you