LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Just installed my new cd player

Old 03-14-2008, 08:42 PM   #1
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Just installed my new cd player

I have had alot of cars and trucks and installed many stereo systems. This 2nd gen Tacoma was a record for me. It took me 15 minutes from start to finish. 1 screwdriver and 1 10mm socket wrench and I was done. I guess 1 advantage of car manufactuers building their cars and trucks cheaper it makes for quicker mods!

1 question tho?....When I removed the wire harnesses from the stock cd player their were 3 of them. I used 2 of them for my new system but did nothing with the other one. It had no where to go. Does anyone know what this extra harness was for?....I think it has 3-4 wires in it.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:57 PM   #2
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, it is amazing how fast you can have the stereo out of these trucks. It is probably a good thing that the stock stereo is not all that great. Otherwise the thieves would have this truck at the top of their target list.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:39 PM   #3
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsupl View Post
1 question tho?....When I removed the wire harnesses from the stock cd player their were 3 of them. I used 2 of them for my new system but did nothing with the other one. It had no where to go. Does anyone know what this extra harness was for?....I think it has 3-4 wires in it.
(debiggened and unboldified in the quote )

Do you have the steering wheel controls for the stereo? I'd guess that last harness was for those controls, which are generally lost with aftermarket stereos unless you spend the big bucks on certain brands that plug-and-play.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:41 PM   #4
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of head unit did you install?
Old 03-15-2008, 05:48 PM   #5
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
(debiggened and unboldified in the quote )

Do you have the steering wheel controls for the stereo? I'd guess that last harness was for those controls, which are generally lost with aftermarket stereos unless you spend the big bucks on certain brands that plug-and-play.
My truck did not come with steeringwheel controlls.....
Old 03-15-2008, 05:50 PM   #6

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
What kind of head unit did you install?
I installed a Sony CDX-GT320 wich comes with HD,MP3 Jack,Satalite Radio hook up and reads all kinds of cd's