1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

help with my squeak...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BigSteve, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Jan 1, 2010 at 10:49 PM
    BigSteve

BigSteve [OP] So-Cal Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    06' White Tacoma PreRunner
    Magnaflow exhaust, K&N cold air intake, Pioneer 4100 headunit w/ usb i-pod connection, 12-inch sub and 600 watt amp, tint, LED dome lights
    I need your help guys. I have this horrible squeak that has been lingering in my rear suspension for months. It came from after i went offroading multiple times and it hasn't gone away. I am figuring it is a bunch of dirt in the leafs, but my question is how do i get it to go away. powerwashing it and spraying with wd-40 is only a temporary fix. I want this to be gone and i also want to know how you guys keep your squeaks away after a fun day of wheelin. Any help would be awesome. I want to be able to pull into my driveway, or go over a speedbump, without hearing that obnoxious squeak come from the rear end..

2. Jan 1, 2010 at 11:18 PM
    Dellosa89

Dellosa89 Love peace and Taco Grease

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Murrieta CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner TRD Off Road
    Fox 2.5 Coilovers, Camburg 1.25" UCA's, Icon RR, Icon aal,EVS foam bump stops, Borla Catback, HID Headlights and fogs, Defiant light bar, 3 hella 700 hid, Satellite Radio, Sony hu with 10'' sub, custom jetski rack, TRD seat covers, secondary air filter removed.
    I pulled my leafs apart and put a heavy duty grease on the friction pads and that helped a lot, its been almost 4 weeks and still no squeaks.

3. Jan 1, 2010 at 11:24 PM
    Cwhitt09taco

Cwhitt09taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab Tacoma TRD Offroad 4wd
    Stock for now. Bfg at's, aries bull bar, aries nerf bars, uws tool box.
    U can get a pry bar and prize ur leafs open at the bushings and spray white grease in each of them, or just go back to ur dealership and get the leaf spring silencer pads put in, mine was under warranty but i doubt they would be very expensive

4. Jan 1, 2010 at 11:24 PM
    rhodehard09

rhodehard09 sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    tampa, fl
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 doublecab
    3" lift, allpro u-bolt flip kit,285/75/16 km2s, hella hid lights, hid conversions for headlights and foglights, led everything, debadged, 9145 reverse light bulbs, black tail lights, black headlight mod,trail-gear rock sliders, dynomax ultra flo muffler,satoshi with custom woven stainless grill,hella 100watt floods in grill, pioneer 4100 in dash dvd player, pioneer 800watt 4 channel amp, pioneer 4way 6x9s, pioneer 4 way 6.5s, 2 rockford p3 10's,rockford power 500.1 mono amp w/bass knob, 7 pin relocated, highlift and mount in bed, diff breather mod, led bed lights, secondary air filter removed,t-rex eyelids, mefab bumper bar, muddy under carriage
    good luck is all i'll say :confused:

5. Jan 2, 2010 at 6:14 AM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    Jack up the truck(To give your self more room) then use a long screw driver or pry bar to spread the leafs apart. Remove the silencer pads(at the end of each leaf) 4 per a side iirc. clean the off and clean where you removed the pads from. Lube the pads up really well with grease from a stick what would go in a grease gun. I also lube where I put the pads back using popsicle sticks just to be certain I had everything covered. Then put the silencer pads back in the whole and make sure the seat properly. If not then you'll notice a gap between the leafs. Remove the screwdriver and pry bar. Repeat for all 8 and you should be squeak free.

It's worked for me for about 3 or 4 months now. I also helped a local member do this and he hasn't had any squeak for about a month now.

Products Discussed in

To Top