Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

help with my squeak...

Old 01-01-2010, 10:49 PM   #1
So-Cal Member
BigSteve is on a distinguished road
BigSteve's Tacoma Gallery
help with my squeak...

I need your help guys. I have this horrible squeak that has been lingering in my rear suspension for months. It came from after i went offroading multiple times and it hasn't gone away. I am figuring it is a bunch of dirt in the leafs, but my question is how do i get it to go away. powerwashing it and spraying with wd-40 is only a temporary fix. I want this to be gone and i also want to know how you guys keep your squeaks away after a fun day of wheelin. Any help would be awesome. I want to be able to pull into my driveway, or go over a speedbump, without hearing that obnoxious squeak come from the rear end..
Old 01-01-2010, 11:18 PM   #2
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
I pulled my leafs apart and put a heavy duty grease on the friction pads and that helped a lot, its been almost 4 weeks and still no squeaks.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:24 PM   #3
Cwhitt09taco will become famous soon enoughCwhitt09taco will become famous soon enough
Name: Cody
Cwhitt09taco's Tacoma Gallery
U can get a pry bar and prize ur leafs open at the bushings and spray white grease in each of them, or just go back to ur dealership and get the leaf spring silencer pads put in, mine was under warranty but i doubt they would be very expensive
Old 01-02-2010, 06:14 AM   #5
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Jack up the truck(To give your self more room) then use a long screw driver or pry bar to spread the leafs apart. Remove the silencer pads(at the end of each leaf) 4 per a side iirc. clean the off and clean where you removed the pads from. Lube the pads up really well with grease from a stick what would go in a grease gun. I also lube where I put the pads back using popsicle sticks just to be certain I had everything covered. Then put the silencer pads back in the whole and make sure the seat properly. If not then you'll notice a gap between the leafs. Remove the screwdriver and pry bar. Repeat for all 8 and you should be squeak free.

It's worked for me for about 3 or 4 months now. I also helped a local member do this and he hasn't had any squeak for about a month now.