Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tail Light Moisture Problems. Solution??

Old 01-01-2010, 11:37 PM   #1
Rocket is on a distinguished road
Navy: 3rd Class Petty Officier
Name: Rocket
Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Tail Light Moisture Problems. Solution??

Yesterday I noticed on my 2007 Tacoma right rear tail light lense had a lot of moisture inside the lens. I took it off today, dryed it out with a hair dryer, applied a bead of silicon all along the outside edge and put bulb grease on the Bulb Socket rubber gaskets. Not sure if that will work or what the problem was/is. Has anyone else had tail light moisture problems???

Thanks ...Rocket
Old 01-02-2010, 03:12 AM   #2
lilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to behold

lilgerber's Tacoma Gallery
i have this problem with my third brake light up top, its a huge pain in the a$$.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:29 PM   #3
Rocket is on a distinguished road
Navy: 3rd Class Petty Officier
Name: Rocket
Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
My son had this same problem on his Mazda RX-8 and when we dried it out, it left water spots on the lens and chrome part, so I rinsed it out again with the Mr. Clean auto dry machine, then when we dried it out there were no water spots. This morning I checked my Corvette and the front left lower turn light has moisture in it. Hmmm??? Maybe I'll quit my day job and open a Auto Light Lense Drying Cleaning business.

....Rocket
Old 01-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
lilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to behold

lilgerber's Tacoma Gallery
ya its seems my sis hummer and moms tundra has moisture in the headlights too. so its just not us tacoma's.