Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Denied rear TSB

Old 01-02-2010, 09:33 AM   #1
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Denied rear TSB

Took the truck in this morning and told them it hit bump stops with 3 adults and/or 300lbs in it. They take it for a ride with 3 service guys and "determine" that there isn't a problem which is not surprising since route 501, which they drove on, is in good shape. "No problem found" the service receipt says. Tell me I can bring it back with weight in the bed to demonstrate the problem. I didn't bother to argue, just said that I already have a case # and would be calling back my contact at Toyota corporate. Tried to tell me that I would be OK after the warranty ends (I'm at 34,500) because it is logged in the system. Yeah, sure, pal.

I'll be calling Toyota Monday.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:38 AM   #2
Desert Dweller
Holling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud of

Holling's Tacoma Gallery
I threw several sacks of sand from Lowes (Save the receipt) into the bed and drove over to the dealer. The scheduled the TSB repair on the spot. I then returned the sand to Lowes.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:41 AM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
damn dude. go to lowes and get ya some sand bags or bags of concrete and take it back.........they just wanna be asshats about it.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:44 AM   #4
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
I think you'll get it done if you've got a case # from Toyota. They called my dealer after I was denied and my dealer called to tell me the parts were on order. Service managers don't want to be hassled by corporate. Just be polite and yo should be OK.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:44 AM   #5
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

That's what I'm going to do but I'll see what Toyota says on Monday first. I would do it today but I have other stuff on the agenda but next Saturday for sure. Politeness is always key in these situations which is why I didn't bother to argue today and will deal with corporate instead.

I did check the list and Toyota of Wilmington (NC) is on there. The one I am dealing with is Sparks in Myrtle Beach where I bought the truck but I almost bought it Wilmington but Sparks beat their price and are local. Wilmington is about 70 miles away though so that would be a hassle.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:47 AM   #6
Kylie's dad

And now I just realized I forgot to get my spark plugs. DAMMIT!
Old 01-02-2010, 09:55 AM   #7
Buy the Ticket take the Ride.....
Mr_Torque is a jewel in the roughMr_Torque is a jewel in the roughMr_Torque is a jewel in the roughMr_Torque is a jewel in the rough

Mr_Torque's Tacoma Gallery
Tell them you have a "Harsh Ride with Heavy Load". Have the 3 Service Techs stand in the bed and have a 4th look at the bump stops which the frame will be resting on. I must have been lucky with my dealer as I only had to raise a minor stink to get it done. I pointed out the shiny spots on the frame from the bump stops. I feel bad for people that have to go though the hassle of loading the truck up to demonstrate a known issue.
Aiso, do the PreRunners get the TRD Struts and Shocks too?

P.S. E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!
Old 01-02-2010, 10:25 AM   #8
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 09 dc 4x4 with the three leaf pack.how much weight can these springs handle?
Old 01-02-2010, 10:29 AM   #9
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbob View Post
i have a 09 dc 4x4 with the three leaf pack.how much weight can these springs handle?
not much. I was carrying like a 50 lb TV the other day and I could definitely feel a difference. Much more traction IMO, but I don't know what the weight limit would be.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:39 AM   #10
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I was told that I was NOT eligeble for the rear tsb
Old 01-02-2010, 11:57 AM   #11
rustyshakelford is on a distinguished road
Name: Brett
rustyshakelford's Tacoma Gallery
sorry for the ignorance but what is the TSB really for? I know its not for my gen but it seems all ive read about is how people load their bed and go to the dealership with the truck on the bump stops. is it like a "free" lift for the rear by adding a leaf or do youll actually load youlls trucks up regularly and it bounces on the bump stops?

i just dont really get what the big thing is with the TSB

brett
Old 01-02-2010, 11:59 AM   #12
Chester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant future

Chester's Tacoma Gallery
It is the best thing you can do to these trucks.I dont understand why they dont make it a no cost option on these trucks.The only reason I can think of is most buyers of these trucks are 1st time truck buyers and have no idea about handling or ride quality because they are used to cars.When I had mine done they were worried I would not like the ride because they had so many new Tundra owners complaining of a stiff ride and wanted it fixed!LOL.1st time truck buyers are what make this such a choir, they do no research and most have no idea what they are buying except that it has a bed and a bunch of buttons.Oh and flashy stickers
Old 01-02-2010, 12:07 PM   #13
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Print the TSB sheet out. All it needs is the customers' complaint to get the TSB.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:09 PM   #14
wareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
wareagle5693's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wareagle5693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester View Post
It is the best thing you can do to these trucks.I dont understand why they dont make it a no cost option on these trucks.The only reason I can think of is most buyers of these trucks are 1st time truck buyers and have no idea about handling or ride quality because they are used to cars.When I had mine done they were worried I would not like the ride because they had so many new Tundra owners complaining of a stiff ride and wanted it fixed!LOL.1st time truck buyers are what make this such a choir, they do no research and most have no idea what they are buying except that it has a bed and a bunch of buttons.Oh and flashy stickers
x2

To the guy who was asking what it's for yea it's basically a free lift for the back. Colin, if you were eligible for it, why didn't you get it and 5100s instead of spacers
Old 01-02-2010, 12:12 PM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by wareagle5693 View Post
x2

To the guy who was asking what it's for yea it's basically a free lift for the back. Colin, if you were eligible for it, why didn't you get it and 5100s instead of spacers
so its not something that is needed but just a free lift?
(not trying to step on anyones toes just trying to understand why some would be unhappy about not getting something that isnt needed.--chester, thank you for your explanation. but if it makes the truck ride rougher why would you want that?)

brett
Old 01-02-2010, 12:14 PM   #16
Chester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant future

Chester's Tacoma Gallery
Search Harsh ride TSB,TSB is not the name of this complaint.Everyone one here just calls it that.There is a TSB for many things on this truck aswell as yours its a quick reference for techs in the shop with directions to solve common problems owners have.What they are doing is selling trucks with car based handling springs and when you load the bed it squats and drives like crap but most people that buy trucks just think thats the way it is because they just dont know how a truck should handle.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:16 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester View Post
Search Harsh ride TSB,TSB is not the name of this complaint.Everyone one here just calls it that.There is a TSB for many things on this truck aswell as yours its a quick reference for techs in the shop with directions to solve common problems owners have.What they are doing is selling trucks with car based handling springs and when you load the bed it squats and drives like crap but most people that buy trucks just think thats the way it is because they just dont know how a truck should handle.
oh i gotcha. i didnt buy the taco to haul stuff except for deer lease things. i have a dodge for that and hated when it would squat so i installed air bags and couldnt be happier. i pulled across the scales at 43,000 lbs and it was still higher in the rear and looked good

brett
Old 01-02-2010, 12:19 PM   #18
wareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
wareagle5693's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wareagle5693
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyshakelford View Post
so its not something that is needed but just a free lift?
(not trying to step on anyones toes just trying to understand why some would be unhappy about not getting something that isnt needed.--chester, thank you for your explanation. but if it makes the truck ride rougher why would you want that?)

brett
Well IIRC the 3 leaf pack doesn't support the weight listed it can carry and the 4th leaf spring fixes that issue.... But most people get it to lift the rear...
Old 01-02-2010, 12:42 PM   #19
forbeskin is on a distinguished road
Navy: The Chief
Name: Sean
forbeskin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzogSS View Post
Print the TSB sheet out. All it needs is the customers' complaint to get the TSB.

That's what I did, no questions, test drive, nothing. They said, we have the parts on order and will give you a call when we receive them. Like the quote states above, all you need to have is a complaint about it and they have to perform the TSB as long as you are under warranty.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:50 PM   #20
jlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jen
jlvhrse's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jlvhrse
I was denied for the rear leaf spring TSB even though my VIN# matches the numbers on the TSB. I was also denied the transmission TSB even though my VIN# matched once again. I brought a printed copy of the TSB both times.