Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Guess what I pulled out of a ditch

Old 03-15-2008, 10:37 AM   #1
supra90140 is on a distinguished road
supra90140's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to supra90140
Talking Guess what I pulled out of a ditch

So Im on my way to work on monday and the one road I take is narrow and has a nice steep hill on it with a almost 180 turn on it. So Im coming up the hill and there is a semi truck stuck in the ditch. Apparently he was just following his gps because he should not have been on this road. So I had to drive threw the ditch to get around him and he is getting sticks to throw under his back tires. Apparently from what I understand he said he didnt have enough power to get up the hill and was then trying to back down it. Well he jack knifed himself right in the sharp corner and got the back end of his truck stuck in the ditch with the trailer blocking the road. So I pulled out my tow rope. (9 ton break strength) and pulled him out. Put it in 4H and towed him out no problem didnt even spin the tires. A few guys I work with came up behind and witnessed it. Later the one guy says "I cant believe that little truck pulled that out. I didnt think it could do it and you didnt even spin your tires." The next day he was still talking about it. I love my truck
Old 03-15-2008, 10:58 AM   #3
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Nice!! Too bad you never have a camera with you when this stuff happens!

I thought about helping a semi once. He was trying to get around a corner city street and hit the curb. One set of wheels hit the curb and the other set just spun. But we were going some place, and I decided he would figure it out eventually.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:03 AM   #4
supra90140 is on a distinguished road
supra90140's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to supra90140
I did get a guick pic of it with my phone as I drove away. Ill try to post it later
Old 03-15-2008, 11:16 AM   #5
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by supra90140 View Post
I did get a guick pic of it with my phone as I drove away. Ill try to post it later
sweet!! Even better! I always forget my phone is a camera! and never have a real camera with me.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:40 AM   #6
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome story!
Old 03-15-2008, 12:23 PM   #7
Dutch will become famous soon enough
Dutch's Tacoma Gallery
Cool story.........love to see the pics. Reminds me of a time some years ago when I was getting ready to take my 3/4 ton GMC on the beach. 2 really good looking girls walking on the beach access road watching the 4wd's take off into the sugar sand. I started out and sunk up to the springs. Forgot to put into 4wd. Tried to get out but failed........I was too deep. A Subaru Brat (remember those?) pulled me out. The girls were still watching.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:31 PM   #8
m_taker1 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
m_taker1's Tacoma Gallery
good story, give that TACO a pat on the hood for that one!!
Old 03-15-2008, 01:34 PM   #9
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Forgot to put into 4wd. Tried to get out but failed........I was too deep. A Subaru Brat (remember those?) pulled me out. The girls were still watching.
ouch
Old 03-15-2008, 02:13 PM   #10
helmuthead is on a distinguished road
helmuthead's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a full pull. a semi truck tractor weighs about 12,000 to 16,000 lbs without the trailer.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:27 PM   #11
Devout Atheist

Probably just needed a little tug to help it's wheels grab and pull most of the weight. Sometimes it doesn't take much to get moving again.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:36 PM   #12
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Hey- like m taker1 said give that truck a pat on da hood!!!! they know!!!! I'm sick!!!!
Old 03-15-2008, 06:13 PM   #13
Pastry Chef
tacotoe is on a distinguished road
tacotoe's Tacoma Gallery
That is a cool story.I was wondering what kind / brand of tow strap did you use? I have a Pro-Comp 2" x 30 ft recovery strap, and it works very well.These recovery straps stretch (kind of like a rubber band)and start to apply a pull without spinning a tire.I say to you a job well done and what goes around comes around.( not for you to get stuck, but a good deed I mean)
Old 03-15-2008, 06:16 PM   #14
Pastry Chef
tacotoe is on a distinguished road
tacotoe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
ouch
Yea,reminds me of a thread I wanted to start in off topic titled Most Embarrasing Moments. I got a few.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:33 PM   #15
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Atta boy !!