1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Issue

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TheSchwartz, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Jan 7, 2010 at 9:56 PM
    NMG

NMG Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ottawa
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport
    Happens all the time up here. It really can't be avoided in the winter unless you always park inside. I usually just run the defroster for an extended period and that will do it. Sometimes a LIGHT tapping on the window near the edges of the window frame will also bust some of the ice loose and that can help as well.

But yeah, it's a problem common to all vehicles. Like others have said, don't burn the motors out trying to get the windows down and if you have manual windows, don't keep pressure on the crank. I busted one doing that in one of my past vehicles. If you do wash your truck, make sure you air off all of the windows as best as you can.

2. Jan 7, 2010 at 11:08 PM
    WATacoRider

WATacoRider Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4
    poor hot water on it

3. Jan 7, 2010 at 11:30 PM
    08WhiteTRD

08WhiteTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Rocklin, NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 White 4x4 TRD Sport
    Fox Suspension 2.5 Front and 2.0 Rear, All-Pro Skids, BAMF LCA Skid, Leer 100R, Scangauge II, WeatherTech Floorliners, WeatherTech window visors, Satoshi grill with HomerTaco mesh, Sockmonkey Tailgate Decal, BHLM, Center Console lock, ImMrYo Rear-view bracket, Rally Armor mud flaps, Crawford Eco-Block, USA-Spec PA-15
    Mine does it too. Just because it's cold. I have the same problem you do. I need to get the window down to get to work. I have had to open my door a couple of times because it was so cold out my window would just not go down.

4. Jan 8, 2010 at 3:14 AM
    saf023

saf023 Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Coast
    Vehicle:
    2nd Gen TRD Sport DCSB 4X4
    Man it's been &%$#!@&$ cold in Maryland! Yea, my windows have been a problem on a few mornings since "the big one". They don't, however, stay frozen very long. With mine, the windows work fine as soon as the heater starts blowing warm air. My truck seems to heat up pretty well. It is blowing warm air within 2-3 miles from home.

5. Jan 8, 2010 at 3:56 AM
    Tactical Tacoma

Tactical Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    ARB air compressor, ARB rear air locker, sPOD switch panel in sunglass holder, OME Front & rear shocks, 885x coils, Dakar leaf springs, Icon tubular UCA's, Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust, aFe Pro Dry, TRD Sport wheels powder coated anthracite, FJ TRD center caps, Thule roof rack, 886 fog lights for reverse light mod, CSjumper LED DTRL's, Nokya Yellow fogs, plastidipped lower valence, Weathertechs, Wet Okoles. And MANY MORE MODS, READ BUILD!
    yeah i've had this problem a couple times too

6. Feb 20, 2010 at 6:15 AM
    TheSchwartz

TheSchwartz [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Smithsburg, MD
    Vehicle:
    '11 DC/LB SR5 Magnetic Gray
    Avid BullBar, BFG 265/75R16, remote car starter, Slim's HID heads and fogs
    Thanks for the imput fellas... i havent been checking this site for a while.... the problem has seemed to go away for now but who knows what can happen next...

7. Feb 20, 2010 at 12:37 PM
    skistoy

skistoy Make mine a Double!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 SR5 BSP Double Taco
    Rear Spring TSB,Billy 5100@.85,Bull bar,Nerfbar,Painted Grill,Painted Rims,Bed D-rings,Compustar Starter,Goodyear Duratrac's,Transmission TSB,Brake Overide
    Truck starter!
    It works in the cold and the heat of summer.

Im guessing you have never had your doors frozen either

Products Discussed in

To Top