Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

25 years!

Old 01-05-2010, 11:02 AM   #1
akyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud of

Name: Ryan
akyota's Tacoma Gallery
25 years!

So after 25 years the City and Borough where I live has done away with there vehicle emission program. I read the paper and they stated that the emission levels in this area have been below the risk levels since 2000, Which means we've been paying out the ass for 10 years for nothing..Oops!! Guess i'll straight pipe'er now..
Old 01-05-2010, 11:05 AM   #2
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I wish they didn't have such strict emission laws here.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:06 AM   #3
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
You also get money from the Alaska Permanent Fund that offsets that so it's not like you've been in dire straits. However, collecting money for something that's nonexistent is ridiculous. They should refund every resident (but they won't, of course).

Personally, I'd keep the cat converter but that's just me.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:06 AM   #4
akyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud ofakyota has much to be proud of

akyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 707tac05 View Post
I wish they didn't have such strict emission laws here.
I know i used to live right down the street from ya!! Cost more there than here
Old 01-05-2010, 11:09 AM   #5

akyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
You also get money from the Alaska Permanent Fund that offsets that so it's not like you've been in dire straits. However, collecting money for something that's nonexistent is ridiculous. They should refund every resident (but they won't, of course).

Personally, I'd keep the cat converter but that's just me.
Well that might cover a quater of my heating fuel for the year, but sure as hell won't cover much more!! And i doubt they'd refund it..
Old 01-05-2010, 11:13 AM   #6
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by akyota View Post
So after 25 years the City and Borough where I live has done away with there vehicle emission program. I read the paper and they stated that the emission levels in this area have been below the risk levels since 2000, Which means we've been paying out the ass for 10 years for nothing..Oops!! Guess i'll straight pipe'er now..
why is this in the 2nd gen. colum?
Old 01-05-2010, 11:14 AM   #7
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^Probably because he's talking about straight piping is Tacoma. I'm assuming, anyway...
Old 01-05-2010, 11:16 AM   #8
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
^Probably because he's talking about straight piping is Tacoma. I'm assuming, anyway...
oh shit,my bad.continue
Old 01-05-2010, 11:19 AM   #9

akyota's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah guess i could have put it somewhere else!! Oops shoot me
Old 01-05-2010, 11:19 AM   #10
Kylie's dad

Hey, I thought the same thing at first.

But this does bring up a good question: How DO you guys feel about deleting the cats (that's sort of ironic considering I am a dog)? As I said, I personally wouldn't do it, at least not on my daily driver. A weekend fun vehicle, sure, but that wouldn't be seeing much use. And btw, we have no inspections here in SC.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:20 AM   #11
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by akyota View Post
Yeah guess i could have put it somewhere else!! Oops shoot me
no,no,u got a 2nd gen.continue man.its all good.