1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

trd seat covers vs. wet okole

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TacoSupreem, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Jan 5, 2010 at 11:59 PM
    Jimirich

Jimirich Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Dbl cab shorty O.R. pkg
    DTRL, Debadged, Donkey tethered in the bed that rips 142 db farts so I can piss off the neighbors and rattle the windows on my house when I'm parked in front.
    Posting up again for the Okoles:
    It was the first thing I purchased for my truck.
    The Wet Okoles are waterproof (the material is closed cell) so you can just wash em down while they are on the seats. No need to remove them unless ...umm...maybe the dreaded Beer and Burrito night repository.
    It is Hawaii here but I find they dry off in about 15 minutes on a sunny day.
    There are numerous installation threads here, ToyotaNation.com or Customtacos.com

The folks at Wet Okole appear to be happy at their job cause I have never had any rep there be anything but helpful and polite when talking to them on the phone.
    I have heard tons of rep for the quality of their products and in the few instances of something not being right, the story was one of quick response by W.O. and getting it right.
    They are worth the money!!

2. Jan 6, 2010 at 1:00 AM
    Tactical Tacoma

Tactical Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    ARB air compressor, ARB rear air locker, sPOD switch panel in sunglass holder, OME Front & rear shocks, 885x coils, Dakar leaf springs, Icon tubular UCA's, Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust, aFe Pro Dry, TRD Sport wheels powder coated anthracite, FJ TRD center caps, Thule roof rack, 886 fog lights for reverse light mod, CSjumper LED DTRL's, Nokya Yellow fogs, plastidipped lower valence, Weathertechs, Wet Okoles. And MANY MORE MODS, READ BUILD!
    Just got the Wet Okole's for x=mas and they ARE AWESOME!!!! I looked at both the TRS and Wet Okoles, for me the deciding factor was the airbags in the seats. Wet Okoles covers accomodated this feature, TRD's did not. Alos, I like how the wet okoles's outside sections of the seat are black and inner portion is Charcoal, as compared to the TRS one which is the opposite, black on inner grey on outter. I also hear that the TRD'd black center section can get EXTREMELY hot

Install of the wet o's was simple if you take the seats out and have some general auto interior knowledge

3. Jan 6, 2010 at 2:09 AM
    steviestyles

steviestyles The "Search" tab is your friend!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    The TRD covers don't cover the back of the seat either. Deal breaker for me since I have a DC. Another voter for WO's.

4. Jan 6, 2010 at 5:56 AM
    jward2331

jward2331 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Fleming Island, Fl
    Vehicle:
    '08 PreRunner SR5 TRD Sport
    Debadged, tinted windows, upper/lower Grillcraft (horns relocated), Hella 500's with HID Mod (55W 5000) behind grill, shorty antenna, WeatherTech side window deflectors, suspension TSB, Westin Signature Nerf bars, JVC KD A-615 Head Unit with Sirius Direct tuner, Blacked out headlights, DTDL Mod (Switch for on/off), Hard Wired GPS, NOKYA Arctic Hyper Yellow Fog lights, Fog lights on anytime Mod, Michelin LTX M/S2 (P265/65R17), Powder coated OEM wheels. LED ANZO tail lights, Weather Tech FloorLiners.
    Just ordered mine yesterday and took advantage of the 20% Veteran discount...

There are a lot of options with the WO's too, I ordered mine with pockets on the back of the seats.

5. Jan 6, 2010 at 6:10 AM
    yotarob2005

yotarob2005 Kiss My IFS

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Bryan , Tx
    Vehicle:
    05 D-cab trd sport long bed
    Front Bilstien 5100's Set @ 1.75", rear 5100's & TSB springs, Flowmaster, TRD seat covers, Toyota All weather floor mats, 265/70-17 Michelin LTX AT2's, some Debadgeding, BHLM, led bed lights, 886 back up lights, fog lights anytime mod, Extra d-rings, Toyota bed mat, sockmoney TRD decals, Kenwood 890DNX, Firestone ride-rite air bags, 2 car seats.
    I love my TRD covers but wish they where avaliable for the back seat of my DC.

6. Jan 6, 2010 at 6:20 AM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    +1

I had a set of TRD covers b/c I thought they looked badass (and still do), but they were so freaking hot in the summer I didn't want to drive my truck. I don't remember where the OP is from, but if it's hot where you live at any point in the year, you won't enjoy driving in your truck.

You don't really even need general auto interior knowledge. I'd never removed a seat from a car in my life before installing my WO's, and i had them completely installed in under an hour w/o assistance. The front seats come out with just a few bolts, and the rears are really easy to install. Besides, once you get all the pieces laid out, it's pretty obvious how they're supposed to fit.

Yeah, that's another problem w/ the TRDs.... front seat only.

Wet Okole FTMFW!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Jan 6, 2010 at 11:03 AM
    Good351

Good351 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ames, IA
    Vehicle:
    03 4Runner V8
    I hated my TRD covers...so I sold them and bought Wet Okole's. Best investment yet! The TRD covers were crazy hot in the summer and freezing cold in the winter.

Here are my WO's:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Jan 6, 2010 at 11:06 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    i hate that toyota doesnt make them for the backseat. i have the front toyota covers and love them.

9. Jan 6, 2010 at 11:29 AM
    jrobson

jrobson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mobile, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 DC 4x4
    Ultimate lift kit, LR UCA's, Bi-xenon 8000K headlights, Xenon 8000K foglites, (4) KC slimlites on N-Fab light bar, Extang trifecta toneau cover
    As soon as I finished putting my TRD covers on I turned around and took them off and returned them. Not only did they fit poorly but IMO they looked like crap.

10. Jan 6, 2010 at 11:33 AM
    Hoyal

Hoyal Whiskey bent and hell bound.

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    N 39.2249 W -106.16974
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra
    Big tires, big lift, Lots of stuff's.
    I like the TRD fronts way better than the wet okoles just for the fact there is the rubber in the middle and neoprene on the out side. I have wet okoles in the rear and arm rest but no way would I ever trade my TRD fronts for the wet okoles.

11. Jan 6, 2010 at 11:34 AM
    Capita

Capita Well-Known Member

Member:
    Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport Double Cab
    I'd love too see pictures of the Sportsmen camo seat covers on Tacomas. I'm more interested in the plain colours then the camo. The site isn't really helpful when it comes to pictures. Is the material smelly , cloth like, etc? I know they are hella expensive so they must be pretty good.

12. Jan 6, 2010 at 11:37 AM
    Hoyal

Hoyal Whiskey bent and hell bound.

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    N 39.2249 W -106.16974
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra
    Big tires, big lift, Lots of stuff's.
  13. Jan 6, 2010 at 11:47 AM
    chiefridr

chiefridr I don't want a large farva!

Member:
    Carrollton, TX
    Vehicle:
    16 DCTRDOR
    I wanna get some WO's next time a group buy is on. I need em for the back seat cuz of my dog.

14. Jan 6, 2010 at 12:55 PM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    That's one of the things I like most about mine. Easy to clean dog hair out, and her toenails don't pull the obnoxious fabric they decided to put on the sport seats. Her nails got caught in that stuff all the time!

15. Jan 6, 2010 at 5:08 PM
    TacoSupreem

TacoSupreem [OP] Dirty Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayden
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB 4x4 Sport

Hey thanks, i was thinking of maybe getting the trd covers cause they seemed to be easy to take off and throw in the washer... buuut since u say that the w.o.'s are waterproof and easy to clean while still in the truck, then maybe thats the way i will end up going!

16. Jan 6, 2010 at 5:10 PM
    Cwhitt09taco

Cwhitt09taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab Tacoma TRD Offroad 4wd
    Stock for now. Bfg at's, aries bull bar, aries nerf bars, uws tool box.
    I wish i get pics of them on here capita but i dont have a camera right now, they fit great and they smell good to me actually, they are kinda like the cloth seats and they have a strip of padding in each one, they also have slits in the fronts seats were the airbags are, u can leave them opened or closed, they are expensive but like i say they run a good race with wo's

17. Jan 6, 2010 at 5:10 PM
    TacoSupreem

TacoSupreem [OP] Dirty Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayden
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB 4x4 Sport
    I really really like these covers, except i have an access cab. About how much do these things go for? did u buy them direct from wet okole?

18. Jan 6, 2010 at 6:35 PM
    pauldotcom

pauldotcom Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport Quad Cab
    OEM Roof Rack, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75", Rear 1" block, TRD 17' Wheels
    Hoyal, which covers are those??

19. Jan 6, 2010 at 7:14 PM
    tacopuppy

tacopuppy Well-Known Member

Member:
    my experience and opinion of the TRD covers--JUNK. Sold them as soon as I could on Ebay. Not comfortable, not a good fit. Go with the wet o's.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  20. Jan 6, 2010 at 7:41 PM
    smuggiesrider

smuggiesrider Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2021 Army Green TRD Off-Road DCSB AT
    TRD 2" Lift kit w/ PRO Grille swap package ARE CX Classic Cap Sumitomo Encounter AT 265/75/16 tires TRD Pro wheels Predator steps Frame salt protection spray Weather Tech floor Mats and rainguards Wet Okole Seat Covers Bedmat Black exhaust tip Bed light LED kit Tailgate mat Eyecatcher tailgate letters Yoda cover for tow hitch and steering wheel Decals for grille, glove box, badges $$$$$$
    Just ordered the WO's. Can't wait to get them. Extra $40 to put the TRD logo on them! OUCH! Hope they look sweet!

Products Discussed in

To Top