1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

who makes a grille that matches the hood scoop mesh?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by NiceGuyEddie, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Jan 7, 2010 at 7:25 AM
    NiceGuyEddie

NiceGuyEddie [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chino, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    none yet
    ....or the mesh near the driving lights?

i've seen a few aftermarket grilles that i like, but is there one that matches the pattern exactly?

never hurts to ask.

2. Jan 7, 2010 at 7:30 AM
    Stillfly199

Stillfly199 ( . )( . )

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
    I think the closest one is grill craft

3. Jan 7, 2010 at 7:38 AM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB Sport 4x4
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
    The grillcraft matches the triangular sides of the grill very nicely but the hood scoop has round holes in the mesh, not diamond shaped. Can't really tell unless your looking for it. I think it matches up very nicely. I don't really have any good close ups of the hood scoop but you know what it looks like.

DSC03407.jpg
    DSC03411.jpg

4. Jan 7, 2010 at 1:01 PM
    NiceGuyEddie

NiceGuyEddie [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chino, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    none yet
    keith

i like that grille. is it also possible to buy that mesh for the hood scoop so it all matches perfectly?

the way it mounts... can a few washers be used to make it recessed back a little?

5. Jan 8, 2010 at 3:47 AM
    saf023

saf023 Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Coast
    Vehicle:
    2nd Gen TRD Sport DCSB 4X4

Grillcraft looks very nice!

6. Jan 8, 2010 at 5:14 AM
    jward2331

jward2331 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Fleming Island, Fl
    Vehicle:
    '08 PreRunner SR5 TRD Sport
    Debadged, tinted windows, upper/lower Grillcraft (horns relocated), Hella 500's with HID Mod (55W 5000) behind grill, shorty antenna, WeatherTech side window deflectors, suspension TSB, Westin Signature Nerf bars, JVC KD A-615 Head Unit with Sirius Direct tuner, Blacked out headlights, DTDL Mod (Switch for on/off), Hard Wired GPS, NOKYA Arctic Hyper Yellow Fog lights, Fog lights on anytime Mod, Michelin LTX M/S2 (P265/65R17), Powder coated OEM wheels. LED ANZO tail lights, Weather Tech FloorLiners.
    It can't be recessed, it fits tight and flush. At least not the way it comes. There are four tabs that are used to secure it to the plastic flange.

7. Jan 8, 2010 at 6:42 AM
    the macf

the macf Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Daily Driver - 09 RCLB Barcelona Red base, Sold - 08 BSP X-Runner TRD SC 332rwhp
    the "stock" grillcraft is the closest thing. If you want to do the recessed grill mod you do the hood, grill's, and triangles. You can also buy the mesh from grill craft in a sheet for cheap if you want to try and retrofit it.

8. Jan 8, 2010 at 10:43 AM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB Sport 4x4
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
    No, can't recess it, at least not without cutting it up. As someone mentioned, I guess you can buy a sheet of the material from grillcraft and make your own for the hood scoop. I don't really know for sure tho.

Products Discussed in

To Top