Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Air Bag Light

Old 01-08-2010, 02:45 PM   #2
Fortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fortech's Tacoma Gallery
It means there is a problem with the system. Fix the problem = no more light.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:51 PM   #3
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, you can't reset it. You have to take it to the dealer or a shop that services airbags. Hope that it's not the clock spring, $4-500 to fix and in the meantime your airbag doesn't work.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:53 PM   #4
Raylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to behold

Navy: USN, nuclear submarines
Raylo's Tacoma Gallery
^ Excactly. A quick place to check, depending on year, is the harnesses/connectors for the front seat air bags. If you slid something heavy or sharp under your front seats, or had a big alarm or stereo install where the seats may have been removed, these could be damaged. Perhaps not likely but an easy first place to look.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:04 PM   #5
Baja bound
619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Call me Rocco
619Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Good Luck!

Hopefully your situation doesn't turn out like mine seems to be heading.

My air bag light came on in Dec. I took it to the dealership and they found that the ECU adapter/harness under the steering wheel (where you connect the diagnostic tools) was broken. They could not get a reading from my ECU so they are charging me $300 to fix the harness. After that, they should be able to connect to my ECU and then tell me what the reason is for my air bag sensor coming on.
$300 + $100 for diagnostic + $$$ for whatever the reason is for the air bag light. This shit is going to cost me easily 1k.

Plus i need an alignment/rotation/balance bad. Will need new tires pretty soon. HID light just went out. Battery has been dying on me lately (might need new battery). Truck's registration is due in 2 weeks $300 something. Plus a new GF!!

Ever heard of the saying "When it rains it pours"??
Old 01-11-2010, 04:52 PM   #6
Asgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Asgard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberumen2 View Post
Does anyone know how to reset the airbag light. it's buggin me!

Disconnect the battery for 15 minutes then reconnect, that should reset the ECU. If the airbag light comes back on then you know you have a problem and it wasn't just a glitch.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:19 PM   #7
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Just noticed this stupid light today. I'll disconnect the battery and see what happens. I bought a new truck to avoid having to put it in the garage as much as my old Ford.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:14 AM   #9
en23 is on a distinguished road
Name: Eric
en23's Tacoma Gallery
What ended up happining with your guys' trucks? My bag light just came on.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:18 AM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by en23 View Post
What ended up happining with your guys' trucks? My bag light just came on.
Clockspring is bad.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:44 PM   #11
en23's Tacoma Gallery
once you replace the clockpring, does the light go off, or is there another procedure to do?
Old 09-11-2011, 06:50 PM   #12
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
once you replace the clockpring, does the light go off, or is there another procedure to do?
The system does a self check every time you start up the truck and if the problem is not there it will go out.
However there will be a code stored code..
Old 09-12-2011, 04:24 AM   #13
greenacresusa is on a distinguished road
greenacresusa's Tacoma Gallery
After checking several other threads I have a question. The airbag light you all are referring to is the one on the instrument pod below the odometer? Not the one next to the clock? Thanks
Old 09-12-2011, 08:51 AM   #14
en23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Mike View Post
The system does a self check every time you start up the truck and if the problem is not there it will go out.
However there will be a code stored code..
Is there anyway to get rid of the stored code, or does it not matter? Will it cause it to fail an inspection?
Old 09-12-2011, 08:52 AM   #15
en23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenacresusa View Post
After checking several other threads I have a question. The airbag light you all are referring to is the one on the instrument pod below the odometer? Not the one next to the clock? Thanks
I'm talking about the one thats under the tach... looks like a guy with a ball in front of his head.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:07 AM   #16
greenacresusa is on a distinguished road
greenacresusa's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, just making sure I don't have a problem. We've only had this truck for about 3-4000 miles and weren't familar enough with all the indicators yet.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:25 PM   #17
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is there anyway to get rid of the stored code, or does it not matter? Will it cause it to fail an inspection?
nope
It goes into history.
It won't be current or pending.

Every state is different and we have to make sure the truck does the bulb check and then goes out. means it's a good system.

I see no reason for a failure for history. Most little pocket scanners only do pending or current.
I have never failed nor the shop failed a car for history codes. It's just info. not a problem.
there's a new section called permanent codes and no one can clear those, They go out over a period of time. There would be a lot of failed vehicles for that. I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:49 PM   #18
en23's Tacoma Gallery
cool, thanks man.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:54 PM   #19
slmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
slmgt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raylo View Post
^ Excactly. A quick place to check, depending on year, is the harnesses/connectors for the front seat air bags. If you slid something heavy or sharp under your front seats, or had a big alarm or stereo install where the seats may have been removed, these could be damaged. Perhaps not likely but an easy first place to look.
I tucked my winter tire chains under my driver side seat; is this a safety hazard and if so, why hasn't the light come on?
Old 07-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #20
Yournaym is on a distinguished road
Name: Sean
Yournaym's Tacoma Gallery
This could be a part of the problem http://www.torquenews.com/106/toyota...s-airbag-risks