Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Best running boards

Old 01-07-2010, 01:19 PM   #1
dee_bo is on a distinguished road
dee_bo's Tacoma Gallery
Best running boards

Hello I'm looking to buy and install some running boards for the 2007 Double cab I recently purchased. With so many stylses and material...which ones are the best value and durable. Granted they are likely mostly for looks/show.

I found of bunch on this website:
http://www.runningboardwarehouse.com...5-current.aspx

Also what's a good bringe to pay? I'm leaning towards the "oval tube-steps". Thanks
Old 01-07-2010, 01:52 PM   #3
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
the toyota running boards were the best. IMO
what r u looking to get out of them?to use as a step or protect the rockers from road debri.i had the black factory ones(sold them on this site) and they r to close to the body to use as a step.good for washing the roof though and keeping road debri off the rockers.the tubes might b better as a step.or u could always go with sliders.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
dorkman is a name known to alldorkman is a name known to alldorkman is a name known to alldorkman is a name known to alldorkman is a name known to alldorkman is a name known to all
dorkman's Tacoma Gallery
I like my factory ones to protect the rockers and from door dings. Only reason I got them. They look pretty decent. The lady uses them as a step, better than nothing.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:35 PM   #5
The G stands for smooth
Gsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GG
Gsquare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee_bo View Post
Hello I'm looking to buy and install some running boards for the 2007 Double cab I recently purchased. With so many stylses and material...which ones are the best value and durable. Granted they are likely mostly for looks/show.

I found of bunch on this website:
http://www.runningboardwarehouse.com...5-current.aspx

Also what's a good bringe to pay? I'm leaning towards the "oval tube-steps". Thanks

If you like boards, here are the installed Ionic's from the site you posted:

They are actually funtional as a step, provide a little extra door ding protection since they are wide and offer a tapered look from front to rear.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:43 PM   #6
grdnrxr is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
grdnrxr's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking about boards this time instead of tubes..

I would like to see more photos.

Also, Did the factory ones have a chrome strip before?
Old 01-07-2010, 02:55 PM   #7
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by grdnrxr View Post
I was thinking about boards this time instead of tubes..

I would like to see more photos.

Also, Did the factory ones have a chrome strip before?
my factory ones had no chrome on them.