1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Whats behind the pocket in the center console on an autotrans

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kohan25, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Mar 17, 2008 at 12:32 PM
    kohan25

kohan25 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 TACOMA SR5 4X4 TRD Speedway Blue
    lebra tonneau cover, avs bugshield, firefighter goober lights, custom stereo/scanner install
    Just bought and 06 double cab, auto trans and am going to mount my scanner in the storage pocket on the center console between the 2 cup holders and the dash. While my scanner will fit there I was thinking of opening up the pocket so I can move it in farther. I saw the posts on removing the console but before I do, does anyone know if there is anything directly behind it before I start this project?

2. Mar 17, 2008 at 1:33 PM
    CtryBoyInMT

CtryBoyInMT Lifetime Member

Member:
    United States of America
    Vehicle:
    2008 4WD V6 Access Manual TRD Off-Road
    Tinted windows, Rear locker anytime, Secondary filter delete, Parking light activated Fog lights, USA▪Spec Ipod adapter, Map light mod, Relocated 7-Blade, Warn Trans4mer Brushguard & winch, Tire chains, Homelink© installed in headliner, LED lighted 4x4 Switch, Defrost w/o A/C, Heated mirrors, Bilstein 5100's (1.75") & Rear TSB, 50w Reverse lights, Pratt & Whitney PT6A-68, Will this list ever end???
    The Airbag control box is behind there. Theirs probably a few square inches, but not a whole lot.

3. Mar 17, 2008 at 1:54 PM
    kohan25

Member:
    Vehicle:
    lebra tonneau cover, avs bugshield, firefighter goober lights, custom stereo/scanner install
    Thanks. I saw a pic of a silver box with yellow labels in another post so I am assuming that is it. I need probably an 1 or 2 the most past the pocket so I am hoping it will work.

4. Mar 18, 2008 at 9:22 AM
    mmatheny

mmatheny Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Dickinson, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2017 SR5 DCSB Magnetic Gray Metallic
    BakFlip MX4
    Why don't you mount it above the pocket and below the clock? Is there room behind there?

5. Mar 18, 2008 at 11:13 AM
    kohan25

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Isnt that where the heat/ac controls are. I think I should be able to get it where I want it or the other option is to get the aftermarket stereo dash kit from ********* and put it in the space under the stereo but was not planning a stereo upgrade yet. I will see once I pull the console.

6. Mar 18, 2008 at 11:18 AM
    kohan25

Member:
    Vehicle:
    After reading in the manual about placing electronic devices around that area of the airbag sensor, I was wondering would that cause a problem with electrical/radio interference?

7. Mar 18, 2008 at 11:25 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    Probably nothing, but it's not worth the risk. Similar to why you have to turn off your cell phone on the plane, all possible interferences cannot be tested, so ban them all.

8. Mar 18, 2008 at 12:58 PM
    danusa

danusa Well-Known Member

Member:
    The console is a great place for a gun safe. There more other stowedge than you need.

Products Discussed in

To Top