Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Hunter 4x4 nerf bar, grill guard

Old 01-13-2010, 02:54 PM   #21
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
are the mounting holes on the frame the same for the access cab as the double cab?
Old 01-13-2010, 09:57 PM   #22
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
they acutally mount to the bottom of the cab, in the factory locations. there are plastic plugs that you pull out from the bottom of the cab that already have threaded inserts. The bars came with all the required hardware. I was able to install them by myself in about 20 minutes. First i removed the plugs, mounted the 3 steel brackets on each side to the factory locations, then was able to place the bars in place on the brackets and insert the hardware. The brackets are designed for just your type vehicle, not a one fits many type. Very easy, no drilling, no fuss.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:54 PM   #23
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
do you think its posible to take a pic from above to see how much they stick outward from the vehicle and also from the level of the step...hope thats not asking to much

thanks
Old 01-14-2010, 07:59 AM   #24
VolNut is just really niceVolNut is just really niceVolNut is just really niceVolNut is just really nice
Name: Rick
VolNut's Tacoma Gallery
I crawled under my truck for 20 minutes looking for where to mount the damn brackets! The instructions were drawn by a 4 year old and were basically useless. After figuring out to pop out the plugs it was a breeze. And they mount up real solid. I'm about 225 lbs and my buddy is about 200lbs and we both stood on the same side without any problems. Overall I'm very pleased with these.

DdayisNear, I'll snap the pics you want and post them up after work.

ETA: Skistoy, thanks for the link and info, I'm loving these!!!
Old 01-14-2010, 04:53 PM   #25
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
volnut, glad to hear you love them also. Thanks for taking the pics, its still snowy and cold up here. I would also agree on the directions they send, they are quite useless. But its the quality of there product that sold me.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:08 AM   #26
VolNut is just really niceVolNut is just really niceVolNut is just really niceVolNut is just really nice
Name: Rick
VolNut's Tacoma Gallery
It was dark last night after work so I took the pics this morning. Still lots of salt on the roads so the truck isn't too clean .

Size 13 boot for reference

Bull bar from the same company. It came with light mounts and license plate mounts but I removed them for now.

Hope these help!
Old 01-15-2010, 09:12 AM   #27
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
thats the only bull bar ive ever seen that i liked
x2 I cant stand bull bars but yours looks good
Old 01-15-2010, 05:01 PM   #28
Make mine a Double!

Navy:
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
good pics volnut
Old 01-19-2010, 10:58 AM   #29
madmacks is on a distinguished road
madmacks's Tacoma Gallery
I'm so sad, Hunter tells me they no longer make the FUT-811

Old 01-20-2010, 02:08 PM   #30
Make mine a Double!

Navy:
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Just confirmed, hunter 4x4 is no longer producing the grill guard FUT-811.
Hopefully you can find some on-line.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:13 PM   #31
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolNut View Post
It was dark last night after work so I took the pics this morning. Still lots of salt on the roads so the truck isn't too clean .

Size 13 boot for reference

Bull bar from the same company. It came with light mounts and license plate mounts but I removed them for now.

Hope these help!

exactly what i needed,, how do they feel, secure, a little bounce...and that bull bar no longer in production?
Old 01-20-2010, 02:27 PM   #32
madmacks is on a distinguished road
madmacks's Tacoma Gallery
They still make the bull bar as of this posting but no longer the bumper guard as seen on skistoy's truck. I'm very disappointed about that.

I also called them regarding their nerf bars and they confirmed that they still are fairly straight as seen in the photos above even though ebay shows the ends curve in 90 deg. So just fyi for anyone thinking about ordering hunter stuff.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:24 PM   #33
4drLB is on a distinguished road
4drLB's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone get them for a long bed? I'm interested in how they look/fit on one.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:57 PM   #34
4drLB is on a distinguished road
4drLB's Tacoma Gallery
ok. Where are the mounting brackets? mine showed up today with no brackets. box says 1 of 1
Old 02-21-2010, 06:07 PM   #35
sweetbaboo is on a distinguished road
sweetbaboo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolNut View Post
I just bought the same nerf bars from them through ebay (seller ID truckgeardirect) for $149 shipped. I did the Bing cashback thing and got 8% off. Supposed to be here on Tuesday.
just bought the stainless set from this guy...hope it comes with the mounting brackets
Old 03-01-2010, 04:49 PM   #36
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4drLB View Post
ok. Where are the mounting brackets? mine showed up today with no brackets. box says 1 of 1
same problem...no mounting brackets...what's the deal?
Old 03-10-2010, 11:19 PM   #37
VeNoMiZeD is on a distinguished road
VeNoMiZeD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbaboo View Post
same problem...no mounting brackets...what's the deal?
So what happened? Im thinking of ordering these too but would like to know what happened to your order. Thanks!
Old 03-11-2010, 01:58 PM   #38
Make mine a Double!

Navy:
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
me too, mine came with all the mounting brackets and hardware
the packaging was really well done
Old 03-12-2010, 04:25 AM   #39
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNoMiZeD View Post
So what happened? Im thinking of ordering these too but would like to know what happened to your order. Thanks!
hey, the brackets ended up coming the next day. They installed real easy and look good. My only complaint is that the end caps don't really stay in place well, regardless of how you tighten the screw to keep them from moving.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:57 AM   #40
VeNoMiZeD is on a distinguished road
VeNoMiZeD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbaboo View Post
hey, the brackets ended up coming the next day. They installed real easy and look good. My only complaint is that the end caps don't really stay in place well, regardless of how you tighten the screw to keep them from moving.
Thanks for the update!

So I tried contacting trucksgeardirect Ebay member that sells the sidesteps, but he hasn't responded yet and I don't see anymore doublecab Tacoma steps too. Anybody have an email to this guy or a number? Thanks!