Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

265/70/16 to 265/75/16 Before & Afters? (Stock 2nd Gens)

Old 01-08-2010, 07:26 AM   #1
IrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to behold

IrishPilot's Tacoma Gallery
265/70/16 to 265/75/16 Before & Afters? (Stock 2nd Gens)

Just curious if anyone could share some side-by-sides of going from a 265/70 to a 265/75. Curious what the change actually looks like by comparison.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:46 AM   #2
Local Man
bigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bigburrito's Tacoma Gallery
without posting pics (dont really have any good side by side pics) i will go ahead and say it looks good. fills out the wheel well better. also rides smoother, rolls over small bumps easier. if you are on the fence, go for the 75s, you will not regret it.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:51 AM   #3
IrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigburrito View Post
without posting pics (dont really have any good side by side pics) i will go ahead and say it looks good. fills out the wheel well better. also rides smoother, rolls over small bumps easier. if you are on the fence, go for the 75s, you will not regret it.
I most definitely am on the fence That seems to be the general consensus. Id really like to go to aggressive looking 75's and do 5100s + AAL for an overall bigger look.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:32 AM   #4
BTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to all

Army: 3rd Infantry Division
BTO's Tacoma Gallery
75s makes the speedo/odo accurate. Also you don't need any lift for 75s. They fit stock and no rubbing.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:34 AM   #5
dylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-Santa Clara County
Name: Dylan
dylandercole's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTO View Post
75s makes the speedo/odo accurate. Also you don't need any lift for 75s. They fit stock and no rubbing.
agreed. my 265/70s make the speedo off. and they look like skateboard wheels in my opinion
Old 01-08-2010, 09:38 AM   #6
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
your only gaining 1" total or a 1/2" all around.pics really cant show that much diff. imo.just do it.you'll b happy.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTO View Post
Yeah I dont mention the billies for fear of rubbing etc., I just like the lightly lifted look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pataco View Post
your only gaining 1" total or a 1/2" all around.pics really cant show that much diff. imo.just do it.you'll b happy.
True, although Im planning on going to something with a more aggressive tread/sidewall pattern than my RTrails. (Either BFGs, Duratracs, Revo2, or Grabber AT2.) Im just curious to see pics of what changes others have seen on their rig.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:49 AM   #8
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
What everyone else has said is true. I am much happier with the 75s and they look better.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:50 AM   #9
ttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
ttylerr's Tacoma Gallery
i dont have any side-by-sides, but these are 265/75 hercules terra tracs on stock suspension

Old 01-08-2010, 09:51 AM   #10
ehcsula is on a distinguished road
Name: eh
ehcsula's Tacoma Gallery
I installed the readlift 2.25" leveling kit and 1.5" back spacer on my 09 trd sport (looks nice leveled). Now I am planning on going with 265/75/16, but not sure to go with BF mud-terrain t/a km2 or all-terrain t/a ko. which tire handles better in the street, rain and snow?

Also, I am planning on getting new wheels, either m/t classic 2 (16x8), eagles series 186 (16x8) or procomp series 1069 (16x8). which wheel will not give me any trouble with rubbing anything?

please advice me guys. i do value your opinion.
thanks
Old 01-08-2010, 10:04 AM   #11
Banned
kilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to behold
kilgoja's Tacoma Gallery
i think you got it wrong...the 265/70/16 the speedo will be accurate...they are slightly bigger than the stock diameter....265/75/16 the speedo will be off a lil more...but i have been wondering the same thing...wondering if the next set i get should be 265/75/16......i have 265/70/16s now....just wondering how much that would affect the power/mpg and such of the 4cy...i don't really like it when the tires fill up the wheel wells too much on a truck...the space between the tire and wheel well makes it look like it sits up higher off the ground...but i'm thinking there isn't a whole lot of difference in the look going up one size

mine with 265/70/16 bridgestone dueler a/t revos

Old 01-08-2010, 10:10 AM   #12
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribed. Glad someone started this thread because I'm curious as well. I was going to put 285s on the FJ rims I have but the poor mileage threads are making me reconsider.

Kilgoja, I think the speedo accuracy is different from truck to truck. The '09 I had indicated about 4 mph too fast, so larger tires would have corrected this. The '10 I have now is just 1-2mph too fast at 60mph. I used the exact same GPS unit in both trucks for the speedo comparisons. The '09 was with 16" O/R wheels and tires, the '10 with 17" Sport wheels and tires, but it makes no difference - they are both 30.6" overall diameter.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:17 AM   #13
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehcsula View Post
I installed the readlift 2.25" leveling kit and 1.5" back spacer on my 09 trd sport (looks nice leveled). Now I am planning on going with 265/75/16, but not sure to go with BF mud-terrain t/a km2 or all-terrain t/a ko. which tire handles better in the street, rain and snow?

Also, I am planning on getting new wheels, either m/t classic 2 (16x8), eagles series 186 (16x8) or procomp series 1069 (16x8). which wheel will not give me any trouble with rubbing anything?

please advice me guys. i do value your opinion.
thanks
well heres some advice.dont thread jack someones thread.start your own.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:20 AM   #15
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SManZ View Post
Subscribed. Glad someone started this thread because I'm curious as well. I was going to put 285s on the FJ rims I have but the poor mileage threads are making me reconsider.

Kilgoja, I think the speedo accuracy is different from truck to truck. The '09 I had indicated about 4 mph too fast, so larger tires would have corrected this. The '10 I have now is just 1-2mph too fast at 60mph. I used the exact same GPS unit in both trucks for the speedo comparisons. The '09 was with 16" O/R wheels and tires, the '10 with 17" Sport wheels and tires, but it makes no difference - they are both 30.6" overall diameter.
that is correct.265 75s make the speedo right.the 70s make it read to fast(3+ or _ mph) thus making your warranty run out faster.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:26 AM   #16
ehcsula is on a distinguished road
Name: eh
ehcsula's Tacoma Gallery
sorry. first timer in this.
thanks for the advice.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:35 AM   #17
Banned
kilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to behold
kilgoja's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
that is correct.265 75s make the speedo right.the 70s make it read to fast(3+ or _ mph) thus making your warranty run out faster.

the stock 2009s come with 265/70/16s on the v6 model 4x4s...the 4cyl 4x4s come with 245/75/16...both models come with 16x7 rims...4cyl gets steelies and the v6 aluminum alloys...i think the trd sport models come with 17 inch rims

and i got trd wheels 16x8 and toyota recommended 265/70/16 tires

i'm not sure if the 1" wider rims would affect the diameter too much....i'm sure it does some...but this says the stock diameter is 30.5" and my diameter now with the new tires 265/70/16s is 30.6"....265/75/16 diameter would be 31.6"...so the speedo would be more accurate with 265/70/16s

265/65/17s would be the same diameter for a 17" rim coming in at 30.6"

this may help http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
Old 01-08-2010, 10:37 AM   #18
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehcsula View Post
sorry. first timer in this.
thanks for the advice.
no problem.welcome to tw.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:39 AM   #19
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilgoja View Post
the stock 2009s come with 265/70/16s on the v6 model 4x4s...the 4cyl 4x4s come with 245/75/16...both models come with 16x7 rims...4cyl gets steelies and the v6 aluminum alloys...i think the trd sport models come with 17 inch rims

and i got trd wheels 16x8 and toyota recommended 265/70/16 tires

this may help http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
shit,i didnt see what u were running.my bad.i no on my truck thats true.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:46 AM   #20
doughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
doughboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was wondering why during my last long trip, the gps speed was consistently showing I was running 2mph slower than what the speedometer is showing.