Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Post pics of your quad loaded in the bed

Old 01-08-2010, 09:17 AM   #1
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
Post pics of your quad loaded in the bed

Please post up some pics of your quad loaded in the bed for your tacoma. I'm strongly considering buying a new one and am wondering how well it's gonna fit. It's a 08 yfz450 race quad +4inches wide in the front and back (making it 60" wide) and stretched 2 inches in the rear (making it about 6'2" long. I know it's wide, but i'm sure someone here has come across the same issue.

thanks
Old 01-08-2010, 12:18 PM   #2
VancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud of

VancityCK's Tacoma Gallery
My 450 King Quad fits nicely. Are you sure your quad is that wide? I mean, 60" is practically as wide as the Tacoma...

Anyway, pic:

I have it spaced from the front of the bed with some 2x10. The tires on the quad are wider than stock, by 2" all around, and it still squeaks through the wheel wells without much trouble.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:41 PM   #4
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery

its a 07 honda 400ex i put 22 inch tires on the back with wider ss wheels and it fits fine.. even with the roll bars. i just have to turn the handle bars to get it behind the roll bars my buddy has a 06 or 07 yamaha yfz450r bill balance edition and it barely fits in the bed of my truck.. but his is not stretched
Old 01-08-2010, 12:41 PM   #5
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery

My Honda TRX420 FM. I have steel ramps towards the top of the bed to block the back window. Can't even feel the quad back there. Do you have the long bed or short bed tacoma?
Old 01-08-2010, 12:45 PM   #6
VancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud of

VancityCK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
yeah mine is race setup for motocross so it's pretty wide. 56"stock and with the long travel it adds 2 inches to each side
I think you may need a trailer... Across the wheels, I think I'm at 46" on the fronts and about 48" on the back, and there is some room, but definitely not 14" worth
Old 01-08-2010, 12:56 PM   #9
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
x2
Old 01-08-2010, 12:57 PM   #10
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
oops,
Old 01-08-2010, 01:12 PM   #11
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
A stock Honda 450R barely fits in the back of my 09 with the gate down. No way a race set up quad will fit in a short ber. Too wide.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #12
turboser is on a distinguished road
turboser's Tacoma Gallery
i dont have any pics handy. but i have an 06 honda trx 450r with plus 4" axle in rear and plus 2" a arms on each side of the front and it fits i have a reg size bed..... its very tight width wise though... i have to lift the front tires over the wheel wells in box... its a pain in the a$$... i can shut my gate too.... with approx 2 inches to spare... so a yfz 450 will be close as well with the stretched rear end... u could keep an air tank in the truck and just deflate the tires and slam the gate if the length is an issue, but thats kind of goofy....lol
Old 01-08-2010, 02:48 PM   #13
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
That's a grizzly in the back. When I put my sport quad in I have to extend the suspension to get the front wheels to fit between the tacoma fenders. Foxysandchick has a tricked out quad that she fits in the back. I'm sure you won't have a problem.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:15 PM   #14
Quitting is for Quitters
awymore997 has a spectacular aura aboutawymore997 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Andrew
awymore997's Tacoma Gallery

That is a stock TRX450, fits in between the fenders.

You might want to go back and re-measure your front end, as far as I've seen most sanctioned events have a 50" wide front end limit, which is the new YFZ's stock width.....out of curiosity what front end setup are you running?
Old 01-08-2010, 04:28 PM   #15
PaulVthe3 will become famous soon enoughPaulVthe3 will become famous soon enough

PaulVthe3's Tacoma Gallery
here ya go

My 2000 rancher in my 94 and my 03 recon in my 09 4x4.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:09 PM   #16
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery

Old 01-09-2010, 05:27 AM   #17
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/all...rtbike-18.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/all...ort-bed-2.html

Mine are in those ^^^
Old 01-12-2010, 05:36 AM   #19
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
Those are the exact pictures i needed to see to reafirm me. thanks.
How strong are the wheel wells and the SMC bed btw?
I don't have any damage to the wheel wells or to the bed. What are you looking to do?? I added tie downs in the front, there are a few threads on here with different options on how and where to add them.

My LTR is extended width in the rear, I think it is just about 53" wide and my front is about 52"ish depending on suspension being compressed and offset wheels. My bf's YFZ has stock suspension, but offset rims which make it around 50" and has to sit on the wheel wells the same.
I have the short bed, my quad is about 5.5ft long so it sits a couple inches onto the tailgate 'hinge' area, not really any weight on the tailgate at all, the tailgate will still move up and down a few inches.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:52 PM   #20
TodaGuy is on a distinguished road
TodaGuy's Tacoma Gallery
My yfz in my old taco. In a short bed the front end of your "race" setup will sit on the top of your wheel wells and the extended arm will still fit with the gate down. I added D rings in the front and center of my bed.. well old bed now... I miss my taco
Attached Thumbnails
Post pics of your quad loaded in the bed-photo.jpg