Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New Truck!!! (Pictures - may take a while to load)

Old 03-20-2008, 07:18 AM   #41
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
Yep. And a broken clock is right twice a day.

(10 minutes later) The carolina alliance members laugh
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
only 10?
I was thinking more like days later.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:26 AM   #42
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer J View Post
I was thinking more like days later.
After seeing no response for that long I tend to agree.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:02 AM   #43
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
007, did you get that tonneau from Truck Alterations like I told ya?

Good lookin' truck.
No. This is the same one that was on my 2007. I just took it off at the dealership and switched it over to the new truck.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:03 AM   #44
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycatcher View Post
Nice truck, and by the way, if you want those steering controls back, the PAC-SWIPS universal adapter for pioneer can be had for $40 on Amazon. You can check it out on crutchfield. I put it in and it works great. You aren't limited to the factory setup either. You can choose from a bunch of different functions.

I was looking at that, but it was $70 on Crutchfield.

I will check it out on Amazon. Thanks for the heads-up!
Old 03-20-2008, 08:06 AM   #45
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDonC View Post
007Tacoma, that is one beautiful truck. That's pretty much the one I want, except a 4x4.

What's this I'm feeling? Oh, it's envy.
Don't envy. It isn't worth it. Just dream until you make it come true - all good things in time.

Cheers!
Old 03-20-2008, 12:29 PM   #46
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
After seeing no response for that long I tend to agree.
I'm busy, i dont have time to respond to idiots. Later boners

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
Don't envy. It isn't worth it. Just dream until you make it come true - all good things in time.

Cheers!
damn it Mark, you're too freaking nice! whats wrong with you! its so hard to hate you when you're like that
Old 03-20-2008, 01:27 PM   #47
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
I'm busy, i dont have time to respond to idiots. Later boners
Why thank you!! Your very act of responding to me then shows that you don't think I'm an idiot.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:43 PM   #48
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
No. This is the same one that was on my 2007. I just took it off at the dealership and switched it over to the new truck.
Oh, yeah. Since you went with the DC LB, your old one would fit. If I'd stopped to think before I posted that I would have figured it out.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:45 PM   #49
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
only 10?
Obviously I overestimated them. It's easy to do.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:09 PM   #50
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Why thank you!! Your very act of responding to me then shows that you don't think I'm an idiot.
you're definatly one of them, just not the kind idiot. that title is reserved for the canadian
Old 03-22-2008, 09:40 AM   #51
TNTaco is on a distinguished road

Army: Charlie Company, 237th Engineer Batallion, AMF(L)
Name: Steven
TNTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sharp looking truck! Do you really think you can keep from getting bit by the mod bug? LOL
Old 03-22-2008, 11:31 PM   #52
Blinking Car Mod...
RedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
RedruM29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTaco View Post
Sharp looking truck! Do you really think you can keep from getting bit by the mod bug? LOL
not if he's on this site all the time...
Old 03-23-2008, 05:34 AM   #53
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Ohh like the color, love the color but sooo hard to keep clean.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:53 PM   #54
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTaco View Post
I consider it an exercise in self control... ... that I am losing already. Just put in the Pioneer deck, the iPod connection, and I have a PAC steering wheel control adapter on its way to my homestead.

Oh, did I forget to mention - TACOMAWORLD.COM sticker!
Old 03-26-2008, 08:18 PM   #55
knickerbocker is on a distinguished road

knickerbocker's Tacoma Gallery
hey nice truck (again!), congratulations! but, i thought part of the reason for parting with the '07 was because you learned you couldn't get a diesel in it? but do you have knowledge about putting a diesel in this one, then? if you've already explained all this, someone can just direct me to it. i couldn't find anything else, but i'm pretty interested. maybe we can get a group buy on d4d engines?
Old 03-26-2008, 09:18 PM   #56
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickerbocker View Post
hey nice truck (again!), congratulations! but, i thought part of the reason for parting with the '07 was because you learned you couldn't get a diesel in it? but do you have knowledge about putting a diesel in this one, then? if you've already explained all this, someone can just direct me to it. i couldn't find anything else, but i'm pretty interested. maybe we can get a group buy on d4d engines?

The Diesel Toyz kit that I will be using to put a diesel engine in my Tacoma only works with the wiring harness, mounts, and acessories on the 4.0L V6. So, yes, part of the reason for the upgrade was the ability to make it a turbo diesel. The other part was that I was in desparate need of a 4 door vehicle, but I use the junk out of my truck (which I also had quite a bit invested in).

When Todd (http://dieseltoyz.com) and I were originally talking, his kit only worked for the manual transmissions. The automatics have to rely on feed back from the engine to determine what gear they should be in. NOW - Todd has a way around that, so I will be putting a 2.8L VM Motori Turbo Diesel into my Tacoma.

Now the only trick will be getting the money to do it...
Old 03-26-2008, 11:04 PM   #57
AK Backcountry is on a distinguished road

AK Backcountry's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck 007. I wrestled with going "Black" but in the end figured when they are clean they look sharp; so what the heck it was "Black" for me. (I guess I forgot how much I washed my last black truck. Must be that age thing.)

Congrats on the new truck!

Did you say you are going to get the TSB for rear suspension?
Old 03-27-2008, 05:31 AM   #58
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Backcountry View Post
Great looking truck 007. I wrestled with going "Black" but in the end figured when they are clean they look sharp; so what the heck it was "Black" for me. (I guess I forgot how much I washed my last black truck. Must be that age thing.)

Congrats on the new truck!

Did you say you are going to get the TSB for rear suspension?
Thanks. Yeah - I am going to go with the Suspension TSB as soon as I can spend the time away from my new Toy.

It got de-badged yesterday, so it looks very slick now. I have a few other projects going on that are eating up my time. Hopefully soon I will get back to doing stuff to the truck.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:02 PM   #59
knickerbocker is on a distinguished road

knickerbocker's Tacoma Gallery
hey so i read the dieseltoyz website and it sounds awesome. just noticed that the conversion kit includes everything but the engine. so where do you get a motori oil-burner from? in the end though, it sounds like it might even be cheaper to do this conversion than the 1st gen. can't wait till you progress on this!
Old 03-28-2008, 10:27 PM   #60
esanvilla is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Air National Guard
esanvilla's Tacoma Gallery
That's awesome. I didn't know somebody was working on a diesel conversion and it they are down the street from me. I couldn't find a smiley for head up my a#$. But maybe this is what I've been doing.
Us with the 4 banger need some more power though. We need some more options.