Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New Truck!!! (Pictures - may take a while to load)

Old 03-29-2008, 01:53 AM   #61
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Question

Very nice truck!...One question for you tho,...Where is the money tree you seemed to have come upon?
Old 03-30-2008, 09:38 AM   #62
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by knickerbocker View Post
hey so i read the dieseltoyz website and it sounds awesome. just noticed that the conversion kit includes everything but the engine. so where do you get a motori oil-burner from? in the end though, it sounds like it might even be cheaper to do this conversion than the 1st gen. can't wait till you progress on this!
I had an engine lined up from a salvage yard in Houston. It came out of a 06' Jeep Liberty. I was going to pickup the engine for right around $3,000. It was a good deal with all the accessories on it (AC, pwr steering pump, alternator, etc...). Unfortunately, it was more important for me to get a Double Cab than get a diesel in my access cab. So, I have to wait on the conversion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esanvilla View Post
That's awesome. I didn't know somebody was working on a diesel conversion and it they are down the street from me. I couldn't find a smiley for head up my a#$. But maybe this is what I've been doing.
Us with the 4 banger need some more power though. We need some more options.
Todd hasn't done a conversion on a 4 cylinder yet, but I have confidence that he could make it happen. He was going to convert my 4 banger, but I needed to get a Double Cab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm3bow View Post
Beautiful truck double O!! If I needed the dubcab, I'd probably trade my truck in, but I'm good with my 4banger access cab. I drove the same truck you have for about 2 months (loner from lucky friend with 2 tacos). Nice ride, but mpg too low for me. Don't forget 'bout us 4banger folks aight!! You were our spokesdude.
No worries! I loved my 4 banger, but since it was a PreRunner (4.10 rear end) I was actually getting only marginally better fuel economy than my new truck. Your truck gets MUCH better fuel economy being a regular 4 lug (which is what I originally wanted, but we won't get into that).

I had to get a Double Cab. I was having to haul more and more crap all the time. I was filling up the bed, and invading my cab space too often. Plus I was hauling people all the damn time. So, I really like the double cab now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsupl View Post
Very nice truck!...One question for you tho,...Where is the money tree you seemed to have come upon?
I wish I had. I took a hell of a loss on my 4 cylinder (something about 38,000 miles in one year. ).

I justified the change as ALL of my accessories (except for my AFE air filter) came right across to the new truck. I feel I did the best thing I could.

Thanks to all of you for your comments! Cheers!
Old 04-01-2008, 08:46 AM   #63
esanvilla is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Air National Guard
esanvilla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post

Todd hasn't done a conversion on a 4 cylinder yet, but I have confidence that he could make it happen. He was going to convert my 4 banger, but I needed to get a Double Cab.
One day... Until then, I will just high rev the crap out of my 4 banger when I need power, which gives me the same mpg as a v6. I'm complaining but I have larger tires .