Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New Truck!!! (Pictures - may take a while to load)

Old 03-18-2008, 05:21 AM   #1
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
New Truck!!! (Pictures - may take a while to load)

Well, here it is...

2008 Tacoma PreRunner LONG BED SR5
5 Speed AUTOMATIC
Limited Slip Differential
6 Disc Changer w/ Steering Wheel Controls (exchanged for Pioneer)
Tow Package
TRD Wheels
Fog Lights

Already MODDED!!!
Access LE Tonneau Cover
Bed Mat
OEM Daytime Running Lights (w/ ON/OFF switch!)
Pioneer DEHP7800MP Deck w/ AUX in
Pioneer iPod Adapter
Color matched Canvas Seat Covers
Color matched Rubbermaid Floor Mats
Pop'n'Lock Tailgate Lock

And today...
Tint
Firestone Destination A/Ts

Maybe...
Black Headlight Mod

In the Future (12+ months)...
2.8L or 3.0L CRD Turbo Diesel Engine

The Color is a special homage to my friends tcBob, ndcouch, and jhodge83. Mostly Nate who convinced me that when you go black, you never go back. Err. Did I type that out loud?!?!.

...and for my friend maverick491, from who I learned that towing takes more than just a hitch - I got the Tow Package..

I am sure that quite a few of you are going to give me a hard time for not getting 4WD (yes, I am talking to piercedtiger), but I honestly have never needed it. I don't off-road (and surely not in this beauty). When I do get into that, I plan on getting a 1st Generation Tacoma Regular Cab as an off-roader. The Tacoma that you see here is my Cadillac/Hauler/Commuter/Office-on-Wheels. When we have the Tacoma get-togethers, this is the truck that hauls in the big @$$ BBQ pit!

Cheers!!!

(psst - sockmonkey and piercedtiger I will get you guys some better pictures soon. I am VERY pressed for time at the moment.)
Old 03-18-2008, 05:22 AM   #2
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Crap! Now I need a new TW Sticker!!!
Old 03-18-2008, 05:38 AM   #3
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
awwww..... He mentioned me by name.... *sniff* I'm so touched.

*mumble*fourwheeldrivewannabe*mumble*

Old 03-18-2008, 05:40 AM   #5
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet. Chrome is back .
Old 03-18-2008, 05:42 AM   #6
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
awwww..... He mentioned me by name.... *sniff* I'm so touched.

*mumble*fourwheeldrivewannabe*mumble*

No wanna be here... Just pure hauling!
Old 03-18-2008, 05:43 AM   #7
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmorrisvb View Post
No cable tv in the hood?
Give me time, money, and no vaccine for the mod bug... who knows!
Old 03-18-2008, 05:45 AM   #8
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
Sweet. Chrome is back .
Not for long!

I am going to debadge it soon. Then I was thinking about doing the BHL mod and the Satoshi grill. I was going to do all that to my last truck, but since I was thinking of trading it in - I didn't.

Good thing too. I got pretty decent money on the trade (still lost out, but it could have been much worse).

After the Suspension TSB, I will be the only "TRD Sport" with SR5 looks and TRD heart.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:18 AM   #9
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Gratz! I love the look of the black trucks but I won't own another black vehicle. I had a black car and every speck of dust shows. It drove me nuts.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:18 AM   #10
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Beautiful truck...enjoy.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:21 AM   #11
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
Gratz! I love the look of the black trucks but I won't own another black vehicle. I had a black car and every speck of dust shows. It drove me nuts.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I had a Black Acura Legend, and a Black VW Jetta TDI (which I am trying to buy back). Both were hard to keep clean, and I think this truck is going to be harder to keep clean (especially since it is too long for my garage).

The good news: when it is clean, it looks incredible! The Black Sand Pearl is a wicked paint for this Tacoma! I am VERY happy with the way it looks.

I figured the black matched my obsession with Diesel Engines!
Old 03-18-2008, 06:25 AM   #12
robinsonda1 is on a distinguished road
Army:
robinsonda1's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck, black looks nice So did Alamo toyota give you a good deal? I Bought my 03 from Cavender and when I got back I plan to buy my next one from them unless Alamo can beat them of course.

P.S. your temp plate expired three years ago.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:45 AM   #13
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the new truck 007 or is it going to be 008 now. By the way you got the wrong focking color. Indgio Ink Pearl man, lots of luck with the new truck.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:37 AM   #14
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
mmm...black, but not black enough...haha...get to doing some of the cheap mods to blacken it out a lil more while saving/waiting on the engine!
Old 03-18-2008, 07:56 AM   #15
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsonda1 View Post
Nice truck, black looks nice So did Alamo toyota give you a good deal? I Bought my 03 from Cavender and when I got back I plan to buy my next one from them unless Alamo can beat them of course.

P.S. your temp plate expired three years ago.
Yeah, They gave me a good deal considering how upside-down I was in my 2007 (too many miles ). Talk to David Garcia - Tell him that Mark with the crazy indecisive wife and the soon to be Diesel Tacoma sent you. He will know EXACTLY who you are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer J View Post
Congrats on the new truck 007 or is it going to be 008 now. By the way you got the wrong focking color. Indgio Ink Pearl man, lots of luck with the new truck.
I could be 008, but it just ain't as cool. Indigo Ink Pearl is really hard to find down here. I was actually going to order a Desert Sand Mica truck, but when I saw this one on the lot - I fell in love (hard core).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
mmm...black, but not black enough...haha...get to doing some of the cheap mods to blacken it out a lil more while saving/waiting on the engine!
That is a must. I am going to be debadging it soon.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:17 AM   #16
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
Ditto, Had a black panel van with no windows in back looked great for about a day until people started writing wash me in the dust. No better color cleaned up though.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:36 AM   #17
CNW will become famous soon enough

CNW's Tacoma Gallery
New Tacoma

Whoa. Great looking. Nice mods.

I have a set of Redline hood struts ordered, but there is some kind of hold up.
Hope to have them before long.

Craig
Old 03-18-2008, 08:40 AM   #18
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNW View Post
Whoa. Great looking. Nice mods.

I have a set of Redline hood struts ordered, but there is some kind of hold up.
Hope to have them before long.

Craig
How much did those cost you? (next mod? )
Old 03-18-2008, 08:44 AM   #19
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
Yeah, I know what you mean. I had a Black Acura Legend, and a Black VW Jetta TDI (which I am trying to buy back). Both were hard to keep clean, and I think this truck is going to be harder to keep clean (especially since it is too long for my garage).

The good news: when it is clean, it looks incredible! The Black Sand Pearl is a wicked paint for this Tacoma! I am VERY happy with the way it looks.

I figured the black matched my obsession with Diesel Engines!
Yeah, when its clean and shiny nothing looks better, but by the end of the week it looks like its been collecting dirt for 3 years. But as long as you dont mind washing it alot you made a good choice. Looks great though Mark. I'm sure you'll be happy with it. You need to switch out that chrome grill for a black one

So how do you like hte V6 compared to your 4 banger? i told you like 9 months ago that you had engine envy, and it turns out i was right
Old 03-18-2008, 08:50 AM   #20
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
So how do you like hte V6 compared to your 4 banger? i told you like 9 months ago that you had engine envy, and it turns out i was right
I remember that post! I guess you where right man.