LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Breaking in the engine

Old 01-09-2010, 06:47 AM   #1
Hektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud of

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Breaking in the engine

Hello guys, I might sound like a noob but i just bought a brand new 2010 Tacoma V6. My question is do i have to break the engine I heard when you buy a need vehicle is recommended to break in the engine and dont speed up more than 70 mph. Any comments.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:52 AM   #2
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. Yea there is also the no towing for a certain amount of miles. If you look in the manual it should talk about the break in period. but then again i have heard that toyota breaks the engine in before every putting the truck on the lot. Maby chris4x4 would like to chime in.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:05 AM   #3
Tim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant future

Air Force: TSgt
Tim A's Tacoma Gallery
I'm @ ~900 miles. Just been taking it easy and driving like granny.

Just changed the oil last night because I read that metal flakes from new engine parts can be floating around in the oil. Used Mobil1, gonna change it again @ 5000.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:09 AM   #4
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim A View Post
I'm @ ~900 miles. Just been taking it easy and driving like granny.

Just changed the oil last night because I read that metal flakes from new engine parts can be floating around in the oil. Used Mobil1, gonna change it again @ 5000.
I would change it at more like 2000 then again at 4 then one more time at 6 and then from then on at every 3000. Well that is what i did with mine and i have not had a complaint yet and i just rolled over 30k on my 08. just my .02
Old 01-09-2010, 07:12 AM   #5
Tim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant future

Tim A's Tacoma Gallery
Every 3K with synthetic? Probably good advice on changing earlier than 5K though...might need to get one of those fumoto vlaves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondwa View Post
I would change it at more like 2000 then again at 4 then one more time at 6 and then from then on at every 3000. Well that is what i did with mine and i have not had a complaint yet and i just rolled over 30k on my 08. just my .02
Old 01-09-2010, 07:19 AM   #6

Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
well just till i hit 6k. I dont use syn. So after the 6 k and the engine is good and broke in go how ever long it states the syn can go
Old 01-09-2010, 07:26 AM   #7

Tim A's Tacoma Gallery
gotcha, +rep for being anal about your truck
Old 01-09-2010, 07:28 AM   #8

Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
I just love my truck and want the best for her. I hope everything goes as good for you as mine has.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:11 AM   #9
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Changed to synthetic at 1500 and every 5000 thereafter.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:14 AM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I drove the truck like normal. Never floored it and never towed. I'll change to synthetic at 5000 miles.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:16 PM   #11
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
teamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really nice

Royal Canadian Air Force: Top Secret
teamfast's Tacoma Gallery
In the manual it states to not drive at constant speeds for extended periods, how long is extended? one hour?