1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Transmission Fluid Flush 4.0 V6 5 spd 4x4, various fluid capacities question.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Scott K, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Jan 9, 2010 at 7:31 PM
    Scott K

Scott K [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Coquitlam, BC, Canada
    Amsoil Synthetic ASL 5w30 Oil, Amsoil ATL Fuel Efficient ATF, Amsoil Severe Gear 75w90 in front/rear diffs & transfer case.
    I just picked up a used 2007 Double Cab Long box with the 4.0 V6 and 5 speed auto, 4x4.

I'm a big Amsoil fan (use their products a lot for everything they make one for). I'm going to bring it into the dealer (family member works there) and have a transmission flush with Amsoils new Low Viscoscity Auto tranny fluid. You obviously need more fluid than the fill capacity of the transmission to do a flush - how much do you think I should buy for the flush?

Also, the transfer case takes regular gear oil and doesn't share transmisson fluid with the automatic transmission, is that correct?

Also, what is the real world capacity of the engine oil to the full line. I know the manual doesn't give you this exactly (with filter).

Thanks,

Scott

2. Jan 9, 2010 at 7:51 PM
    SUPMO72

SUPMO72 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cleveland Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM Reg 4x4 5spd
    OEM Fog Lights, Tailgate Lock, Color matched OEM Grill, GT seat covers, Undercover bed cover, OEM back up camera
    The trans flush machines that I have used take 12qts. 6qts for the oil with filter..

3. Jan 9, 2010 at 8:40 PM
    WATacoRider

WATacoRider Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4
    from what I heard, you're suppose to use Toyota's WS oil. Does Amsoil have an equivelent of that?

4. Jan 9, 2010 at 11:08 PM
    Scott K

Scott K [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Coquitlam, BC, Canada
    Amsoil Synthetic ASL 5w30 Oil, Amsoil ATL Fuel Efficient ATF, Amsoil Severe Gear 75w90 in front/rear diffs & transfer case.
    Amsoil has a new Automatic Transmission Fluid out late last year with a low viscoscity and it's designed specifcally to replace a few different manufacturers late generation transmission fluids, which includes the Toyota WS ATF. Here's a link with more info on this specific product (not intended as advertising, nor do I gain anything from this): http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/atl.aspx

Products Discussed in

To Top