Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Transmission Fluid Flush 4.0 V6 5 spd 4x4, various fluid capacities question.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:31 PM   #1
Scott K is a splendid one to beholdScott K is a splendid one to beholdScott K is a splendid one to beholdScott K is a splendid one to beholdScott K is a splendid one to beholdScott K is a splendid one to beholdScott K is a splendid one to behold
Name: Scott
Scott K's Tacoma Gallery
Transmission Fluid Flush 4.0 V6 5 spd 4x4, various fluid capacities question.

I just picked up a used 2007 Double Cab Long box with the 4.0 V6 and 5 speed auto, 4x4.

I'm a big Amsoil fan (use their products a lot for everything they make one for). I'm going to bring it into the dealer (family member works there) and have a transmission flush with Amsoils new Low Viscoscity Auto tranny fluid. You obviously need more fluid than the fill capacity of the transmission to do a flush - how much do you think I should buy for the flush?

Also, the transfer case takes regular gear oil and doesn't share transmisson fluid with the automatic transmission, is that correct?

Also, what is the real world capacity of the engine oil to the full line. I know the manual doesn't give you this exactly (with filter).

Thanks,

Scott
Old 01-09-2010, 08:51 PM   #2
SUPMO72 is on a distinguished road

SUPMO72's Tacoma Gallery
The trans flush machines that I have used take 12qts. 6qts for the oil with filter..
Old 01-09-2010, 09:40 PM   #3
WATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the rough
WATacoRider's Tacoma Gallery
from what I heard, you're suppose to use Toyota's WS oil. Does Amsoil have an equivelent of that?
Old 01-10-2010, 12:08 AM   #4
Scott K is a splendid one to beholdScott K is a splendid one to beholdScott K is a splendid one to beholdScott K is a splendid one to beholdScott K is a splendid one to beholdScott K is a splendid one to beholdScott K is a splendid one to behold
Name: Scott
Scott K's Tacoma Gallery
Amsoil has a new Automatic Transmission Fluid out late last year with a low viscoscity and it's designed specifcally to replace a few different manufacturers late generation transmission fluids, which includes the Toyota WS ATF. Here's a link with more info on this specific product (not intended as advertising, nor do I gain anything from this): http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/atl.aspx