Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

FrankenYota (rear axle swap to elocker)

Old 01-09-2010, 10:57 PM   #1
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
FrankenYota (rear axle swap to elocker)

A few weeks back I aquired a TRD OR rear axle to put in my SR5.
Had a chance to install it today. It went real smooth thanx to all.on.blacks write up. Big ups to you
we replaced the axle seals and o-rings while the axle shafts were out. Cheap piece of mind I suppose. I still have to do the electrical part of hooking it up, but for now it's in and seems to be ok.

But I do have the ABS light on now, wondering if we maybe tripped a sensor while bleeding and it needs to be reset? my friend seems to think that since we had the truck running for the bleeding process and the fluid did get down low it may have thrown an error. not quite sure yet, it was getting dark and had to head home. I did a quick battery disconnect but the only thing that reset was the clock lol.

Here's a few pics of what I did, instead of going to mod day
looked like a lot of people there too
Attached Thumbnails
FrankenYota (rear axle swap to elocker)-img_0522-1-.jpg   FrankenYota (rear axle swap to elocker)-img_0521-1-.jpg   FrankenYota (rear axle swap to elocker)-img_0523-1-.jpg   FrankenYota (rear axle swap to elocker)-img_0524-1-.jpg  
Old 01-10-2010, 12:17 AM   #3
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Cool Deal. Now you can hit up some trails with us!
I did cleghorn last time, no bypasses tho
Old 01-10-2010, 12:40 AM   #4
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-10-2010, 01:19 AM   #5
My R6 Eats Me
AlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
AlexForbesR6's Tacoma Gallery
must be nice to be able to work on your truck...its too cold here for me to do anything like that...i wanted to finish up my deadening project but its too cold ...
Old 01-10-2010, 11:08 AM   #6
calicoupe will become famous soon enough
calicoupe's Tacoma Gallery
subscribed and looking forward to the progress....ur close too..maybe get to check out after i get back from afghan....
Old 01-10-2010, 11:13 AM   #7
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
im workin on the same thing, just cant find taco rear ends around here
Old 01-10-2010, 11:23 AM   #8
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
good job.its nice when when a job goes smooth.minus the abs light.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:51 PM   #9
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Did you solve the ABS light? Also can you post the link to writeup you use it ?
Old 02-03-2010, 04:34 PM   #10
Thread killer

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
yeah the ABS line got pinched somewhere along the way. fixed it and the light went off. I used this writeup http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94504 start at #20.
all.on.black is a member here too

OMG satanic post count!!!! I can NOT post any more lol
Old 02-03-2010, 04:48 PM   #11
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBtaco View Post
yeah the ABS line got pinched somewhere along the way. fixed it and the light went off. I used this writeup http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94504 start at #20.
all.on.black is a member here too
Perfect