1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How much should a new 2009 Tacoma 4WD be?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Radix, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Jan 10, 2010 at 8:56 AM
    Radix

Radix [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Radix
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    91 Toy Pickup well used
    ICOM IC-2200HD Ten-Tec Dual Band antenna
    In my quest to find a new truck, I found a 2009 Tacoma 4WD at a local Toyota dealer. The price is with in $100 or so dollars of the same model 2010. How much less should the 2009 be? Or should it? Do I go with the Kelly Blue book?

The one thing that cracked me up was the charge for filling the tires nitrogen.

Thanx,

-Radix

2. Jan 10, 2010 at 9:02 AM
    Joe Taco

Joe Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma PreRunner TRD OR
    Purchased truck on 1/3/10
    OT a little...They had that nitrogen crap on mine (I did NOT pay for it, but I did get eth cool green caps..lol), When I got home I checked all the tire pressures and they were all different ranging from 1-6 lbs.

I found it funny reading the virtues of the nitrogen tire fill on the ads at the the dealer. I thought about writing under the ad that nitrogen is about 78% of the air that we breathe..but I don't think anyone thinking about buying the stuff would get it.

3. Jan 10, 2010 at 9:17 AM
    SlurpeeBlueMetallic

SlurpeeBlueMetallic FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Member:

I had nitrogen fill in my tires as well, although I didn't have to pay for it. I figured it was a gimmick, yada yada, thank you very much....

Now I'm not so sure... 8 months after buying the truck I've lost less than .5lb of pressure (and that could just be from measuring at different ambient temperatures). I always use the same gauge to measure and I do it myself so maybe there's something to this nitrogen thing. Maybe I just got 4 awesome wheels and tires... wheels maybe, but the tires are Dunflops.

Products Discussed in

To Top